• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-Ins Freeze L/R

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L/R Classic 10.1  Windows 10.  When I select an external editor (P/S, Topaz, LandscapePro, ProtraitPro) L/R freezes until I press enter, then it jumps right to the external editor without asking to edit original file, edit a copy, or edit with L/R edits.  Tried deleting and reinstalling plug-ins in L/R.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Have you considered resetting the preference file? The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. This is not the same as returning options to defaults. This is Adobe speak foe deleting the preference file, restarting LrC, and resulting in a fresh new preference file. Preference files survive un-installs, re-installs, updates, and upgrades.Unfortunately doing so will revert many preference options to defaults.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they're are any answers yet, this would be better on the Lightroom Classic forum.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

--
David Tungate
www.olivehousephotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, st LrC v10.0, some third party plugins started failing. Use the plugin manager to check for errors or nasty notes, and check for updates.

Typically this is not an issue with better sources as those you described.

Tried deleting and reinstalling plug-ins in L/R. 

opps, my bad, looked right at that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second

Just brought up my LrC on Windows workstation to check workflow (does LrC ask about original, with lr edits, etc)

Right clicking on an image, selecting LandscapePro Studio.

LrC inquires about what to edit BEFORE launching LandscapPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1609534703157.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1609534703158.png

GoldingD_2-1609534703158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered resetting the preference file? The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior. This is not the same as returning options to defaults. This is Adobe speak foe deleting the preference file, restarting LrC, and resulting in a fresh new preference file. Preference files survive un-installs, re-installs, updates, and upgrades.Unfortunately doing so will revert many preference options to defaults.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much – as you suggested, I manually deleted my preferences file and my plug-ins worked fine after reinstallation. Really appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines