Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin's Missing

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All...

I don't frequent the forums and usually go straight to tech support but after 2 horrible nightmares with them, I'm never doing that again.  I'll cut to the chase then provide details.

Where are plugins located in LR Classic 10.1.1, desktop version using WIN 10?

BACKGROUND

I "had" several setup that included  Skylum, Photomatix HDR, On One, etc and they just disappeared after contacting tech support to resolve an issue with my presets. What took place, I do not know and I don't know if the digging the various people did screwed things up. What I DO KNOW IS, none of the plugins that I was using days ago are in place. I'm seeking info to find out where LR places them

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked Preferences > Presets > "Show All Other Presets Location"? You can also use system search to locate them and then drag them into your current Lightroom Settings folder. Once there tick the box to store your presets with this catalog so that it will keep them in a higher level directory associated with your current catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A guide to the location of Lightroom files (including Presets) can be found in this link at the Lightroom Queen site-

FILE LOCATIONS

The location of Plugins can vary.  eg. When I look in my Plugins Manager, the Status panel shows me the folder location of a Plugin.

ScreenShot384.jpg

If you have no Plugins showing in the Plugin Manager- they will need re-installing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Skylum and Photomatix web sites, their LR plugins are Export plugins, and I think their installers are placing the plugins in:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Skylum Presets are created inside the plugin, so can easily be recreated from there. 

You can also create your own using the Additional External Editor inside the External Editor tab of Preferences, located in the Edit menu on Windows. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines