• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop up saying "The Lightroom Catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened..."

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue where I try to open Lightroom Classic but instead get a pop up saying "The Lightroom Catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened."

Trying to solve this so I can get into LRC to edit, import, etc. Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom must have shut down abnormally, and left a lock file behind. Go to the folder where your catalog is located and look for a file with the same name as your catalog but with the lock extension. You need to delete that file and ONLY that file. After you do that Lightroom should start normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am trying that but still get an error pop up not allowing me to open Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need the exact wording of the error messasge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I am trying that but still get an error pop up not allowing me to open Lightroom."

It's possible you deleted the wrong .lock file. Please use your operating system's search procedure to locate ALL .lock files and delete them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Lightroom shut down while you are attempting to do this? It should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines