• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible conversion of Mac VSCO presets to Windows?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! Hope you're all healthy. 

So long story short here. I've recently made the move from a 2016 Macbook Pro to the Dell XPS 9500. I use the VSCO Film Pack 05 very largely within my image editing workflow. It's become pretty fundamental. 

I have no issues with the presets on mac. I have my Licence Key, multiple downloads of the software and files. And I tried to copy and paste everything onto the PC. It, kinda works? But it tells me the profiles are missing. Which results in some pretty unusual tones and the like. 

I assume this is because the camera profiles cannot be opened or used on PC as they are Mac files? 

I'm basically wondering, is it at all possible to take everything from Mac and make it work the same on the PC? As If I downloaded it for mac originally. 

Failing that, does anybody have pack 05 for windows they'd be willing to link me too? Like I say, I still have my licence code! 

Any advice would be massively appreciated, folks. 

Have a great day! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

The profiles need to be moved as well. They're the same on Mac and PC. All the installer essentially does is place the files once you've authenticated. They're most likely in the CameraProfiles folder  in CameraRaw inside Adobe in your hidden AppData folder on PC and need to go into ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles folder on Mac, where ~ is you user folder. Hold down the Option/Alt key to have Library show in the Go menu in Finder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The profiles need to be moved as well. They're the same on Mac and PC. All the installer essentially does is place the files once you've authenticated. They're most likely in the CameraProfiles folder  in CameraRaw inside Adobe in your hidden AppData folder on PC and need to go into ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles folder on Mac, where ~ is you user folder. Hold down the Option/Alt key to have Library show in the Go menu in Finder. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines