• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to Manage Lens Correction Profiles?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Manage Profiles option in the Basic panel of the Develop module is a nice add. But I wish there was a way to do something similar in the Lens Corrections panel. I am using a Leica M 262 camera, but with Zeiss and Voightlander lenses, not Leica lenses, so no EXIF data for them is passed to Lightroom. While most of the lenses I use are listed in the drop down Lens Profile menu, going through that entire list each time to select and apply the needed Corrections is laborious. It would be nice to be able to just "favorite" the few that I use. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

TheBilbo  wrote

The new Manage Profiles option in the Basic panel of the Develop module is a nice add. But I wish there was a way to do something similar in the Lens Corrections panel. I am using a Leica M 262 camera, but with Zeiss and Voightlander lenses, not Leica lenses, so no EXIF data for them is passed to Lightroom. While most of the lenses I use are listed in the drop down Lens Profile menu, going through that entire list each time to select and apply the needed Corrections is laborious.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheBilbo,

We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so that our engineering team can get this recorded. I 'd recommend that you post this feedback here: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thanks for the suggestion, Akash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheBilbo  wrote

The new Manage Profiles option in the Basic panel of the Develop module is a nice add. But I wish there was a way to do something similar in the Lens Corrections panel. I am using a Leica M 262 camera, but with Zeiss and Voightlander lenses, not Leica lenses, so no EXIF data for them is passed to Lightroom. While most of the lenses I use are listed in the drop down Lens Profile menu, going through that entire list each time to select and apply the needed Corrections is laborious. It would be nice to be able to just "favorite" the few that I use. Is this possible?

While it's not as nice as an option to manage the profiles from Lightroom, you could do this manually. Each lens profile is a small text file, so you can remove all the lens profiles that you don't use anyway. You do not say which OS you are using (MacOS or Windows), so here are the locations of both:

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

MacOS: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, great workaround!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm very much looking for this feature as well. Is used to work in older versions but since I moved to MacOS and are on the latest verison it is not working any more. I can remove the files but the dropdown menu in the develop module stays the same. I assume that the file 'index.dat' is used by LR and that it refers to the actual profile files. So removing the files does not make the list of possible lenses any smaller 😞

Since I'm using Sigma lenses, LR doesn't pick up anything of the lens and I have to select it manually

Any ideas, workarounds to get the list shorter?

--Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More than 3 years later I still see the same behavior is described above. I now see even more than one profile for the same lens (I did not add any myself), and even not ordered alphabetically. I.e. for a Tamron 10-24 lens I see 2 profiles for Canon an Nikon at the top, but when scrolling down for a minute or so, there are another 2 identical + the ones for Sony and Pentax. 

I am an amateur photographer, only using about 5 lenses, but I think even a professional gets mad of scrolling long lists of lenses he does not use.

The following workaround makes live a bit easier. After a shoot, set the profile correctly for one image. Next use the Library Filter to select all pictures taken with the lens (in my case the Tamron lens is not recongnized and shows as ----). Sync the settings to all pictures.

To get rid of ----, use LensTagger plugin (uses Exif Tool in the background).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines