• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

possible to move all pictures included in catalog?

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a question:

All pictures that I use in Lightroom Classic CC are located in my pictures folder in Windows.

The problem is that there are a lot of files and also folders in that pictures folder that I do not need anymore and want to get rid of, but I do not know an easy way to sort them out.

I would just like to keep those files that are already in use and connected to my Lightroom catalog.

Is there a way to maybe just move all pictures that are already included in the catalog in order to separate those or is there some other way to do get rid of all of that unused data?

Thank you very much already!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One bit of perhaps misinformation, or perhaps limited impact

Less than a year ago a Windows update went very very bad for early implimenters. And the problem affected the Windiws stanard durectiry, Pictures.

So, would reccomend you do not keep photos, in that folder, yep pretty standard to do so.

Will getvto your actual inquiry in next post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To manage where you place your photos, use the Lightroom Classic Folders Panel, to create folders as you see fit, on any hard drive you want, then within Lightroom Classic, move your pgitis. Do not move them outside of Lightroom Classic.

What is leftover in that Pictures folder can then be dealt with in a safer fashon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines