• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset always imported in Camera Raw and not with the catalog

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was used with my Lightroom 6 to store presets with the catalog.

Discovering Lightroom CC Classic (v 10.1 on Windows 10),and having configured the preferences in the same way, imported presets are still going to Camera Raw (Users/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings).

How to ensure presets are imported to the Lightroom catalog folder?

Thanks in advance for the Community support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a reason to store presets with the catalog? If not, don't do that. Presets changed between Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. They are now shared with Camera Raw, but that does not work very well if you still use the option to store them with the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Johan, a question of personal interest, what is the LrC default setting?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default is to store the presets in a central place, which will store the develop presets inside the Camera Raw Settings folder. So the default is to not store them with the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your answer.
I store the presets with the catalog because my Lightroom pictures and
catalog are on an external drive I use alternatively on my desktop PC or my
laptop when travelling.

Indeed, stating it does not work well with Lightroom Classic is an
understatement!
I was completely confused.

I also noted that when importing a .irtemplate preset it is converted into
a .xmp preset and stored in the User Presets with the catalog, while when
importing a .xmp, it goes directly to CameraRaw/ImportedSettings without
creating any new subfolder...

A real mess.

I will follow your advice and ensure my two CameraRaw instances will remain
in sync.

Best regards,
Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I was used with my Lightroom 6 to store presets with the catalog. Discovering Lightroom CC Classic (v 10.1 on Windows 10),and having configured the preferences in the same way, imported presets are still going to Camera Raw (Users/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings)."

Strangely, this was a deliberate design decision by Adobe. Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-imported-develop-presets-co... 

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a tiny bit more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines