• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset color setting etc are totally different in preview than after launching in

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May anyone encountered the same issue: my custom presets in lightroom cc look like totally different: if I launch them they will be not the same. Yes I use graduated filters etc but why do they mess up - in compare to the preview?

Any idea? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not 100% understanding your question. Perhaps you can further explain, and if possible, perhaps a screen capture might help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First image is in previewFirst image is in preview2nd image is when I say okay and click on it2nd image is when I say okay and click on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully now it is clear 🙂 Many thanks for the help 🙂 Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I saw but it is not a solution as the preset and the image were both raw files. If I am right this bug is still not fixed since october.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this is an extremely noisy image (it was shot at ISO 8000).

With all noisy images you need to view at 1:1 to get a true representation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is noisy but not extreme as Sony a7III tolerates high iso and 1-1 preview: i have  the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but this isn't a white balance issue. There's no way you can get from one to the other just using temp and tint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could get from one to the other using local adjustments using Tint and Temp.  The only way to know for sure is if the OP upload a DNG for us to analyze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"this isn't a white balance issue"

Right, it appears to be a bug in the rendering of preset hover previews.

It appears that most of the reports involve presets with adjustments for Temp and Tint that were defined on non-raws, and then applying those presets to raws.  Those presets adjust the internal IncrementalTint and IncrementalTemperature settings, which have sliders in the Basic panel for non-raws but not for raws.  The only way to apply IncrementalTint/Temperature to raws is via presets or copy/paste/sync.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but my point was that adjusting temp or tint, whichever way it happens, will not turn one of these into the other. This is a difference in color rendering that has to be something else than the reported bug.

I still suspect noise at ISO 8000 has something to do with it. Yes, I know the Sony alphas handle high ISO well (I have one), but there will be a lot of noise at ISO 8000 regardless.

Different resampling algorithms for the two previews, or different resampling ratios for that matter, can easily produce dramatically different results if the image is noisy enough. Unless it is viewed at 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All it would take would be to make a few passes with a local adjustment brush and adjust the temp/tint and you could achieve the two results shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug in rendering a preset hover preview could plausibly produce results that you couldn't otherwise get by changing sliders in the Basic panel. A bug, by definition, behaves differently than we expect the program should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I still suspect noise at ISO 8000 has something to do with it."

The bug can be reproduced with low-ISO images merely by creating a preset on a non-raw that changes Temp and Tint and then previewing that preset on a raw:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again yes. But - at the obvious risk of being seen as argumentative 🙂 - I just want to point out that the descriptions of this bug, as in the feedback thread, all describe changes in white balance only, temp or tint or both. Not a different color rendering altogether, like we see here. What we see here is not a change in white balance. This is something else.

It's all fine with me, I don't have any money in this. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't fit the pattern, and maybe there is no bug at all involved here, just a fully explainable phenomenon in high-noise images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

vgcsaba, can you upload that photo and one of the presets to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here? That could help identify whether this is the same manifestation of the reported bug or something different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines