Highlighted

preset folder option missing

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~ I recently had to reset my computer and re-install Lightroom 

So many issues......but here's one I can't figure out.....

All of my presets are gone and I'm fine with re-installing them but the option to add folders is missing (?).

When I right click on the "User Presets" folder, I don't get a "New Folder" option. I do see "Rename, Delete Group, Import, Export Group, Manage Presets, Reset Hidden Presets"

The import does work for individual presets only, not as folders. I have also tried, in Explorer, moving a folder of presets into the folder that its reading but when I restart lightroom, it only brings in the individual presets, not with folders. ???

Any help is appreciated 🙂

~ Anne

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

preset folder option missing

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~ I recently had to reset my computer and re-install Lightroom 

So many issues......but here's one I can't figure out.....

All of my presets are gone and I'm fine with re-installing them but the option to add folders is missing (?).

When I right click on the "User Presets" folder, I don't get a "New Folder" option. I do see "Rename, Delete Group, Import, Export Group, Manage Presets, Reset Hidden Presets"

The import does work for individual presets only, not as folders. I have also tried, in Explorer, moving a folder of presets into the folder that its reading but when I restart lightroom, it only brings in the individual presets, not with folders. ???

Any help is appreciated 🙂

~ Anne

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder info is stored inside the presets. That means you can only create a new folder when you create a new preset (because you need to have at least one preset with that folder info), not before that and not when you import a preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Johan. This did help me find find a solution.

~ Anne

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0