• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset Import into New Lightroom Classic Update

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Lightroom Classic. I am attempting to import presets that were made using the 2021 version of Classic. When I import, they do not show up on my preset list. When I attempt to import again it says that it has already been imported. 

Any help with this is appreciated. Also, I have checked the box to show partially compatible presets. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of presets, Develop presets? Where are you looking for them? Can you share a screen capture so we can see what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am no longer on that computer for the moment. But, they are the normal presets that have the xmp extension. I am looking for it where all my other presets are located on the left side menu of presets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR Dev presets are shared with the ACR presets, in the ACR preset folder.

On Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, though not really understanding this solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in LrC, in the Presets Panel, have you clicked on the + symbol, selected Manage, and noticed if the missing presets are simply not checked for availability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have tried that and the preset is not there at all. It seems to be there because when I try to import again it tells me that  I cannot because it has already been imported. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are  you looking in ALL the Groups, including the 'User' group?

Are you expanding all Groups by clicking the spinner triangle?

Are you expecting the Preset NAMES to be the same as the Filenames on disk?- They may NOT be! The Preset NAMES come from info within the Preset file!

Are you expecting to see the GROUP NAMES to be the same as Folders on disk?- They may NOT be! Again- The Preset GROUPS are defined within each Preset file!

Do you have a raw file in the Develop window? Not all Presets will show depending on the file being developed, and the camera it came from!

Are you sure they are all Develop Presets and not Profiles? Both are now .XMP files!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes - I have looked for it in each group and it simly is not there. I also looked for it in all profiles and no luck. Thank you for your help though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a silly question, but you never know.

Have you closed then opened LrC.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and it did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GonnaBeLegend  We need more information from you to help with answers, please.

latest Lightroom Classic  The VERSION NUMBER please of YOUR Lightroom. Menu: Help / System Info...

my preset list  Show us a Screen-clip with User Group, and others, expanded.

normal presets that have the xmp extension   Where from- a supplier, purchased, made by you, "Normal" in what way?

made using the 2021 version of Classic  By whom?

that have the xmp extension  Well XMP files can be Presets, Profiles, Sidecar files, Metadata from other software, etc. We need specifics.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are probably enhanced creative camera profiles, which were created in Adobe Camera Raw. In the Develop module look in the Profile Browser as shwon below.

Enhanced Profiles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines