Preset preview not working properly

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

in Lightroom Classic (latest version) I have a folder with some bougth development presets. When I hover over the preset-names I can watch the picture on the screen changing accordingly. But - when I cklick on some of the presets (not all) the picture changes accordingly, but as soon as I move the mouse away from the picture the development settings are obviously not accepted and the preview shows a different look.
Hope this is understandable... What can I do please? Thanks.

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be tripping over an old bug that hasn't been fixed. To verify this:

1. Does the problem occur with raws or with non-raws (e.g. JPEGs)?  

2. Edit a sample JPEG or TIFF in Develop.

3. Click Reset in the lower-right.

4. Apply the problem preset.  Are the Temp and Tint sliders something other than 0?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The problem occurs with RAWs and JPGs

2. done

3. done, resets ok

4. Temp and Tint sliders are at Zero

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Temp/Tint isn't changed by the preset and the bug occurs with JPEGs, you're definitely not experiencing this bug:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-preset-hover-previe...

Some troubleshooting steps:

1. Try disabling the GPU by setting the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off.  Restart LR. Not likely the cause of the issue but it takes 30 seconds to rule it out.

2. Purge the Camera Raw cache by doing Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache.

3. Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior -- you never know which problems it might resolve. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.  

4. If those don't help, post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Upload one of the problem presets and a photo that shows its misbehavior to Dropbox or similar, and include the sharing link.  That will help Adobe reproduce the problem (if they can't reproduce it, it's unlikely they'll pay attention).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, thank you so much for looking into this! Steps 1. to 3. did not solve the problem. For the measures in step 4. I simply do not have time, keeping in mind that Adobe only looks into it when they are able to reproduce the behaviour... also I do not want to apply for a software testers job ... Thanks again for zour help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines