• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets applying differently in Lightroom Classic 10

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Classic 10 and noticing that some of my presets are being applied differently than on previous versions. I have presets to target some tone curve values without affecting other tone curve values, e.g. changing just the tone curve without affecting the RGB curves or parametric curve values. I'd make these presets by just deleting the unnecessary tone curve properties in the XML files. With version 10 having missing tone curve properties in the XML causes those missing properties to reset - so while I might want to use the preset to change the tone curve on a photo with existing RGB and parametric settings, the preset that only targets the tone curve now resets the RGB curves. 

Is there any work around in the XML files for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ryan,
I also find this very annoying !!

Like you I modify the xml file to modify tonal curve without modifying the colors by removing the color curves entries.
I had a discussion with a first level support guy and he claims that it stills works, what a joke!!
1 hour spent with him to explain the problem, they are really not photographers at first and this first level is a joke,
they do not understand anything, they are Indian people with a poor knowledge of the software.
Lightroom itself seems really not thought of by photographers, so much could be improved easily, it is disappointing.
But when you are used to this application it is difficult to switch....
No work around found for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report this at the Photoshop Family Feedback forum, which is monitored by Adobe Staff. Add a link here to that report so others can follow it and add their comments. Thank you.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines