• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets - can't move them or rename them

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 9.3 of LrC, when I right click on a preset the only options I get are below. This holds for user presets and others.

Add to favorites

Apply on Import

Export

Additionally, I imported a folder with subfolders of presets. Some presets ended up in the folder they came from, others are listed individually under User Presets. Doesn't seem to be any common factor amongst the files that did one thing or the other. It's a total mess.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

"Running 9.3 of LrC, when I right click on a preset the only options I get are below. This holds for user presets and others.

Add to favorites / Apply on Import"

This happens when the preset's .xmp file is located in the system folders used by LR's built-in presets:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings 

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

To fix this:

1. Open Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer, navigate to the folder above. Mac Finder hides that folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that the files are locked? You can only rename custom presets, not default presets, but I understand that these are custom presets. The group of the preset is stored in the preset itself. That is why imported presets can end up in their own folder, or in the User folder. It depends on the developer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Running 9.3 of LrC, when I right click on a preset the only options I get are below. This holds for user presets and others.

Add to favorites / Apply on Import"

This happens when the preset's .xmp file is located in the system folders used by LR's built-in presets:

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings 

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

To fix this:

1. Open Mac Finder / Windows File Explorer, navigate to the folder above. Mac Finder hides that folder by default, so do the Finder menu command Go > Go To Folder and copy/paste the folder path into it.

2. Move all of your presets (not the built-in presets) out of that folder onto your Desktop.

3. Select a photo and go to Develop. Do File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets and navigate to your Desktop to select the .xmp files you just moved there. Note that you must have a photo selected in Develop to do this.

Going forward, always use Import Develop Profiles And Presets to import your presets, so that it selects the right location for them.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much! Adobe support was unable to help, they must be glad they have this community! 

Really slow process to get everything back and oganized, it would be nice if the parent folder was selectable and the children were organized in Lr the way they are in the folder structure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the children were organized in Lr the way they are in the folder structure."

See the free Fix Presets plugin, which is inconvenient to use but may be helpful if you have a large number of presets.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unclear on this- when I add presets, Lightroom automatically puts them /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings. /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings seems to be where older ones I had in previous versions of LRC, My Presets, User Presets or new groups I have created...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"when I add presets, Lightroom automatically puts them /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/ImportedSettings. /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings seems to be where older ones I had in previous versions of LRC, My Presets, User Presets or new groups I have created..."

It is indeed very confusing -- as you observed the Import Profiles And Presets command puts the import presets in the ImportedSettings subfolder, while presets migrated from previous versions are in the Settings subfolder. On startup, LR will load presets from both folders.

'

I've never seen a rational justification for having two folders.  (This "new" preset design introduced in LR 7 still has too many rough edges.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines