• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Disappeared - Can No Longer Import .dng or .xml

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did a screen share with an Adobe tech earlier this week because Premiere Pro kept crashing and something he did caused all of my preferencs and setting to be reset across all of my Adobe apps.

- Now when I try to use Lightroom Classic 10.1 on Big Sur 11.1, all of my imported presets are gone and when I try to add them in via the preset tab it wont recognize anything but .template files. This wasn't a problem before but it seems getting Premiere to operate normally also effected Lightroom.

Anyone know how I can regain the basic feature of importing my lightroom presets? Can't believe this is still an issue after all these years. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you  have Store Presets With This Catalog ticked on in your Preferences? If not check the presets folder in the previous version to see if they are still there. You can  search on them and drag them into the folder. I  can assure you that Premiere Pro settings have no impact  on Lightroom Classic. What specifically is happening when you try to  reimport presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply 

I've followed the other basic solutions strewen across this platform and they haven't help - checked then un checked 'store presets', restarted, etc. Not change.  

As I wrote in my inital post - when I re-import directly through the presets window option .xml and .dng files are greyed out and unavaliable for import. I've tried with presets I've purchased and some that I've made both with the same issue. Only .template files work which I thought were an older and less used format. 

When I go to the root folders where the presets I currently have installed are stored, I manually drag them into the same folder and they are still not visible. Incredibly frustrating.

I recently updated my computer (i9, 8 cores, 64gb ram) and operating system to be able to use the latest version of Adobe's software only to have an issue with something so basic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds a lot like you have more than one version of Lightroom Classic installed, one being older than v7.3

Bring up Lightroom Classic, click on /Help/System Info/, what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version is - Lightroom Classic version: 10.1 [ 202012012023-e92d50bb ]

Unless there is a way to download multiple versions without them being visible in my applications folder I don't think thats the issue. Computer was purchase 2 weeks ago, only used by me and has nothing but the basic iOS and Adobe Creative Cloud installed. Fresh system all around.

I've used Adobe software for over a decade and know quite a bit about basic mac troubleshooting so I try not to post unless its something that my usual solutions can't solve. I even installed Adobe Lightroom, the desktop/mobile mirror version last night to see if the issue was the same and it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buggy behavior

Consider resetting the preference file. The preference file can get corrupted, leading to buggy behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive updates, upgrades, re-installs. Resetting the preference file is Adobe speak for deleting it. After it is deleted, Lightroom Classic will create a new one upon launch. Side effect is settings in preferences will reset to defaults.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

If that fails, wonder if you are looking at a uninstall, perhaps via the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. Then a reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines