• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets disappearing from view in Develop

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my presets (default, user and purchased) suddenly disappeared while I was trying to load additional presets.  All the presets still exist in the Camera Raw/Settings and Lightroom/Develop Presets folders, I just can't see or access them from LR.

I tried deleting my preferences file and reopening LR and all of the presets returned.  I then updated some of the preferences I had erased and rebooted my PC.  Reopened LR and the presets were gone.  I deleted the preference file again; they came back; I deleted a preset and they all disappeared again (there is a blank space where they should be).

I use LR on my desktop and laptop, sharing a catalog on OneDrive (which has worked well for quite some time).  The presets are local to each machine (not stored with the catalog and visibility option is checked) and they are working fine on my laptop.

Would uninstalling LR and reinstalling it help?  I'm desperate for help.  Thanks.

Running Lightroom Classic CC 10.2 on Windows 10

Holly

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

After deleting my preferences again, I was able to see the presets I had just added that started the problems.  I deleted them and the problem went away.

Thanks so much for the input.

Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt uninstalling/reinstalling will do anything. It is more likely that this is somehow caused by your syncing of the catalog in OneDrive. I have seen this causing problems for more people.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After deleting my preferences again, I was able to see the presets I had just added that started the problems.  I deleted them and the problem went away.

Thanks so much for the input.

Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines