• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets Dropdown Missing

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Lightroom Classic on a new laptop, I will continue to have it on my desktop, as well.  I'm having several issues, but I'll tackle the first one.  I have the Lightroom Classic app installed on the laptop, but when in the develop module, on the left panel, Presets (and Snapshots also) does not have the dropdown options.  It has the +, but it's in black, not white, and it does nothing when I click on it.  Thanks for any help.

kristip79064090_0-1588865921172.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have a photo selected.  If there is no photo in the main screen these option do not show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that makes sense, thank you!  That's one of my other issues, I have all my photos on an external hard drive, which is attached to this new laptop, but it says zero photos.  Do I have to import them all again?  Or is there a way I can sync it to my desktop Lightroom? 

kristip79064090_0-1588867788719.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT REIMPORT YOUR PHOTOS.  That would be the worst thing you could do.  The photos just need to be relinked to your old catalog.  If its a Windows machine it probably just changed the drive letter.  To do this you need to find and load your old catalog.  If you are showing 0 photos sounds like you started a new catalob.

See here for more info.

lightroom-photos-missing-fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you go rushing off there are a couple of very important things you have to know about Lightroom Classic.

1. Lightroom Classic can only sync one Lightroom Catalog file to your Adobe Creative account.

2. Lightroom Classic can sync collections created in the application and selected for syncing, smart previews are uploaded to your cloud storage and they can be accessed by Lightroom Mobile app for smart phones, tablets and Lightroom (cloud-based) app on a computer.

3. The Catalog file can only be accessed by one Lightroom Classic application at any point in time.

The best course of action to consider is the have Lightroom Classic on the Desktop and Lightroom (cloud based) on the Laptop.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines