• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets fail to show up in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an older, very experienced photographer, user of LR since its launch in 2007 (?) I have purchased some presets and installed them, but they fail to show up in the LR presets palette. I have also manually placed them in the correct folder (Camera Raw>Settings), and they still don't show up. I have installed the same presets on 3 different Macs (different owners, different OS) and they still don't show up. The vendor is stumped. Clearly, there're some "illegal" characters in the presets, but I am not knowledgeable enough about xmp to go there.... Is there anyone who'd like to try? I am attaching one of the xmp files - if you can get it to show, would you slightly modify one parameter (add 0.1 to exposure) and make a new preset, and send me the new xmp file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Your sample Blue Rain.xmp  worked for me.

It took all of 10 seconds to-

Download the file to my desktop, Select [Import] from the [+] menu in the Presets panel.

Note: Preset files will install to a Group (folder) name that is embedded in the file. (Not necessarily your 'User' group)

Even the Preset name in the Preset Panel may not be the same as the XMP filename.

Blue Rain.xmp installs in a "Creative Video" group!

ScreenShot019.jpg

Comment on the Preset Blue Rain.xmp-  Not sure it does what its name implies 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried the Import Preset command in Develop? 

Import.jpg

You might try uploading one for other's to attempt to load, that be somewhat useful. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sample Blue Rain.xmp  worked for me.

It took all of 10 seconds to-

Download the file to my desktop, Select [Import] from the [+] menu in the Presets panel.

Note: Preset files will install to a Group (folder) name that is embedded in the file. (Not necessarily your 'User' group)

Even the Preset name in the Preset Panel may not be the same as the XMP filename.

Blue Rain.xmp installs in a "Creative Video" group!

ScreenShot019.jpg

Comment on the Preset Blue Rain.xmp-  Not sure it does what its name implies 🙂

Before   -   After :

ScreenShot020.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Thank you so much! That's what tripped me up - I didn't see the "Creative Video" group, as the folder of presets had a different name! Problem solved! I've just got way too many folders (with way too many presets....) installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to Manage Presets? You need to manage them and check on those you want to show up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines