• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets lost after Lightroom update

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE HELP. I am traveling out of state this weekend to shoot a wedding and I NEED my presets back. I cannot find my presets in Lightroom OR Finder.

(i have a Mac)

I updated Lightroom to version 6.10 today, and when I opened up my catalog to edit, I found ALL my User Presets have gone missing. I had the checkmark "store presets with this catalog" checked when I lost them. I have tried un-checking this, restarting my computer, or trying to locate and import my presets. Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.09.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.13.20 PM.png

This is what is in my Finder window when I click "show lightroom presets folder".

I haven't backed up my computer or Lightroom recently enough to recover these presets.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

IF the presets were stored with catalog and you turn the option off, they disappear. IF you didn’t store the presets with catalog (which I always do with a traveling catalog), they are back on the other system, deep in the Application Support folder. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF the presets were stored with catalog and you turn the option off, they disappear. IF you didn’t store the presets with catalog (which I always do with a traveling catalog), they are back on the other system, deep in the Application Support folder. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/lightroom-5-default-locations/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently lost my Presets on my Lightroom app that I had installed on my phone without knowing of a sort of back up or anything like that so I don't know if my presets were backed up   but. How do I access them back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My email is luhdessi1@gmail.con

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK If you use the 'Free' Lightroom App on a phone- The App stores Photos and Presets with the App, so any un-install, re-install, or a change of phone will effectively 'delete' all Lr photos and presets.

An iPhone can be backed up to iCloud, or to a Mac or PC using iTunes. This should be done regularly to be able to restore all data to your phone.

Sorry I cannot help you with restoring your presets.

Suggested you NOT use email in forum posts, and posts for Lr-Mobile are best seen in LIGHTROOM (MOBILE) FORUM 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this was very brief and understanding it helped but I do have one question will this link help me get my presets back ? Because that’s what I am wanting back 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF when you opened up newer software, your Catalog needed to first be version converted, it has now got a new name; LR insists on this.

IF you had "store presets with catalog" selected before, then your presets will have been made into a location relating to that prior Catalog name. They are most likely still in there.

The new catalog name, would have a correspondingly changed new location where presets would be looked for under this option. That'll be an empty location unless/until you put some copies of your presets into there.

Alternatively, you could move / copy these into LR's default presets folder (centrally). And then un-check "store with Catalog" - that gives these universal visibility no matter what your Catalog(s) may ever be called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines