Presets not showing on Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There!

Today was the first time I bought a developer preset and I just can't get the presets on Lightroom.

In fact I bought two packages from 2 different developers and none of them showed up on my Lightroom.

Both preset install applications say the installation was completed.

I already closed Lightroom, reopened it, restarted the computer but still nothing new shows up on Lightroom.

I checked the developer preset file and it's empty!

I'm sooooo frustrated. I've been trying to get those presets on Lightroom for 4 hours already!

Please please please help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by cmgap | Adobe Community Professional

Can you try this... Go into Preferences and if the Store Presets is checked as shown, uncheck it, quit and reopen Lr. Let us know if you see your VSCO presets.

Topics

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There re two Lightrooms now. Which preset was it, and which Lightroom? If it's the older Lightroom (that is now called Lightroom Classic CC), which version are you using?

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1 (the newest version).

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which preset? While you're answering, I'll try any preset I can find. Also, Mac or Windows?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil Chester Presets and also VSCO film Presets.

I have a MAC.

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get excited! I know almost nothing about Lightroom. But I'm good at figuring out issues.

Will let you know how I get on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While expert cmgap hopefully solved your problem! I figured out that I needed to be in the Develop tab, and find User Presets, and expand that, to find the preset I had added.

It took me a while because my selected image had been deleted. Got there sooner after importing a new image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was quick Colin!

In the Develop module under Develop presets > User Presets at the bottom of the list > Right-click and create New Folder > Import Presets to new folder.

The Op said that the install ran and was successful. It's possible / likely that the purchased presets will need to be moved into the Develop Presets folder manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 2
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I mention the bit about being good at figuring out problems?...

I do have both versions of Lightroom installed, and I have Lightroom knowledgeably Adobe buddies, but I'm not a typical user. I found a lot of the steps a bit confusing, but found enough pages complaining about that to figure it out.

I saw the stuff about manually installing, and I'm skeptical. For my test I found a free preset, and I doubt that the paid for presets would be harder to install.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased presets will not be migrated when upgrading Lr. If you purchase presets and use them regularly (I don't) it's useful to know where they are so that you can go into the previous version and physically move them.

In the Preferences > Presets > Show Lightroom Presets clicking on this button will open the folder where all of the presets are stored.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 1
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"migrated" suggests going from Classic to the new CC. Is there really migration from old Lightroom to Classic Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substitute the word migrated with moved... When updating, Lightroom will not move purchased presets for you. You need to move them yourself or reinstall them using the method you described. And it's true that it's not any different if it is free or purchased.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it's a matter of:

I have the latest version

I installed presets

versus:

I had the old version, installed presets

Updated, now no presets

rafaelac51213346  will fill us in!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have the older version. This is a new computer and I downloaded the newest version. It wasn't a backup either.

So I don't know if the presets would migrate/move after an update.

Thank you so much for all your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this... Go into Preferences and if the Store Presets is checked as shown, uncheck it, quit and reopen Lr. Let us know if you see your VSCO presets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yayyyyyyy it worked!!!

WOW!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 1
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that worked! Keep in mind If your presets have ‘gone missing’, that checkbox is likely the reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
New Here ,
May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm also having trouble accessing my newly installed VSCO Lightroom presets and I'm wondering if anyone can help. (I've already contacted VSCO's customer support with this issue but sadly they've been pretty much useless, and being that I purchased this product about a week ago and have not yet been able to use it, I'm pretty frustrated.)

I've been able to successfully download and install the product to my computer, my trouble is that even after being told that the product has been successfully installed, the presets are nowhere to be found once I open Lightroom. I've tried downloading and installing the product multiple times as well as relaunching Lightroom multiple times but I have not once seen my product/presets appear anywhere in the Develop panel or otherwise.

As you've recommended, I've also already checked to make sure that my presets are not being stored with my catalog, so I am positive that that is not the issue.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2018 0
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miriam - What version of Lightroom are you working with? Can you confirm where your VSCO preset folder is located on your computer? Are you on a mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but mine isn't checked already!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem with no solutions

I try to activate/desactivate the "Sore presets with the catalog, but it doesn't work.

My version is LR 7.3.1 on Mac

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 17.28.56.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-15 at 17.30.16.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 1
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I have followed all the steps as listed above, yet I cannot see any presets under the presets tab. I have the presets in my Develop Presets folder, but cannot see them in Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I have followed all the steps as listed above, yet I cannot see any presets under the presets tab. I have the presets in my Develop Presets folder, but cannot see them in Lightroom.

Troubleshooting steps to follow precisely:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info and paste the first ten lines here.

2. Make sure you're editing a raw file in Develop, not a JPEG or other non-raw. Some presets will only appear in the list when editing raws.

3. Post a screenshot of the entire Develop Presets panel while editing a raw.

4. Go to Preferences > Presets and click Show Lightroom Develop Presets, which will open the new location (since 7.3) of develop presets in Mac Finder or Windows File Explorer.

5. Expand the Settings folder to show its contents in Finder / File Explorer and post a screenshot.

6. Expand the subfolder User Presets (or another subfolder you think contains your presets) and post a screenshot of that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for replying! I found a few videos online that helped solve my problem. I have the new Lightroom CC 7.5 and they changed where you store your presets - it's no longer under Lightroom>Develop Presets; rather, you go to Preferences>Presets>Show Lightroom Develop Presets>Camera Raw>Settings, then you drop your presets folder into settings. And, they changed the preset format to XMP.

They also added an easy one-click step: File>Import Develop Profiles and Presets.

I was just about to come back to this forum to edit my post. Thank you for spending so much time in your response and for your willingness to help. I will leave this up so someone else can refer to it, if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see my presets that I've downloaded in lightroom, but when I click on them nothing happens to the picture... I'm so frustrated. I've been trying to fix this issue for hours.. I've updated my computer and lightroom to version 8, and still nothing is working. Please help!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2018 0
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see my presets that I've downloaded in lightroom, but when I click on them nothing happens to the picture... I'm so frustrated. I've been trying to fix this issue for hours.. I've updated my computer and lightroom to version 8, and still nothing is working. Please help!!

Make sure you click on the grey triangles next to the preset group names ("folders"), to see the actual presets:

If that doesn't help, please do the menu command Help > System Info and copy the first ten lines here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I am having the same issue - I have tried everything stated in this post but cannot import the presets.  When I do, nothing happens.  They are just not added to the Presets Menu.  I have tried adding a new group and importing them then, nothing works.

Lightroom Classic version: 8.0 [ 1193777 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 7  - Business Edition

Version: 6.1.7601

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.8 GHz

Built-in memory: 16197.9 MB

Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 0
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you double-checked you are editing a raw file when looking for the presets in the Presets panel? In LR 8, presets with the Treatment & Profile option checked won't show up when editing non-raws (e.g. JPEGs).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI There

I downloaded a few RAW pics to test and it still did not display the presets I have

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2018 0
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one of the problem presets to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see if it's the preset itself that's causing the problem or something particular to your LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I tried double clicking on an lrtemplate file instead of importing it, and it asked if you want to install the template - after selecting yes I couldnt find it so restarted, and it is now displayed under User Presets

Looks like I will be able to get them to work by doing that - thanks for your assistance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2018 0
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried double clicking on an lrtemplate file instead of importing it

Were you using the command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets?  There's a bug with trying to use that to import old-format .lrtemplate presets: Lightroom: Import Develop Profiles And Presets doesn't import .lrtemplate presets | Photoshop Family...

Instead, use the "+" menu on the Develop Presets panel to import presets:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I tried both of those methods and none of them worked for me. Only the double clicking to install worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am having trouble and have read this whole forum and still I cannot see my presets. I have Lightroom CC 2015 for Mac. I don't have the 'setting' option in the 'cameraraw' foler. I have tried to drop my presets in almost every preset folder as well as make my own folder up and still nothing. The images are in raw format and the 'store presets in this catalogue' is unclicked. Are there any other options someone could help me with please? I have spent hours trying to figure this out but need help. Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.17.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-21 at 10.17.27 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa did you find the answer you were after? I am exactly the same as you and cannot work out how to get the presets to show up! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

I am having the same issue. I buy Presets and install them and cant see them or use them. Whats the use. No support from Adobe and no support for the 3rd Parties.
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 19.55.43.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of presets are in the folder "Bodybuilding"? I'm curious about what kind of presets are designed for use on   photos of this particular activity, and not, say, piano playing. Where did you buy them? They are, after all, nothing more than .xmp lists of a bunch of Develop module settings. They are in .xmp, aren't they? Can you please expand the folder view so that we can see the individual preset names?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen-shot shows you have a 'Group' selected.

What presets are in the Group when you rotate the spinner triangle?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0