• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not showing up in Profile Browser

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get my presets to work as profiles as I've heard this is a better way to use presets. However, the presets that I imported are not showing up in my Profile Browser.

The strange thing is that I can see a preset in the Profile Browser (called VOXCOLOR Orange and Teal) that DOESN'T show in my Presets window on the left.

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 10.2 on Mac

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can set it up as described in the tutorial at the link below.

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v9.html#....

See the link below for where Lightroom Classic files are located by default.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-presets-silently-om...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thedigitaldog, this looks like the problem I'm having. Tho am I right in assuming that there is currently no fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix yet in LR; you fix using Camera Raw.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profiles don't show up in my CameraRaw either tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get my presets to work as profiles as I've heard this is a better way to use presets. However, the presets that I imported are not showing up in my Profile Browser.

By @mathijsd9231578

If I understand your question, you want to convert Presets to a Profile.

I believe you would need to use Adobe Camera Raw to apply a Preset then create a Profile in ACR.

You might find methods here-

https://mattk.com/digging-deeper-questions-new-lightroom-profiles/

With a link to the video-

https://mattk.com/make-lightroom-photoshop-profiles-luts/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WobertC, I might not have explained myself very thoroughly. I'm not trying to convert anything but I was in the understanding that Presets could automatically be used as Profiles within Lightroom Classic CC. 

All I want to do is use the presets I bought and change the percentage on how strong they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot be done!

Presets and Profiles are like Apples and Oranges- They are 'different'! (although they now both use the .XMP file suffix.)

Presets & Profiles- the Difference

The ability to change the 'percentage' of a Profile only occurs with "Creative" profiles.

! PROFILE INFO (Lr Queen)

https://jkost.com/blog/?s=profiles

Profiles and Presets | Matt Kloskowski

Demystifying Lightroom Profiles - In-Depth Guide (Free Profiles) - PhotoTraces

Because Presets make (visible) adjustments to Sliders in the Develop panels (Basic, Tone curve, etc)- you can change those settings and then create a modified Preset.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"All I want to do is use the presets I bought and change the percentage on how strong they are."

To tie together what Wobertc and others have said, the only way to do this with built-in features is to use Camera Raw. Open a photo in Camera Raw, apply the preset, then make a creative profile that includes the develop settings of that preset.  Then in LR when you select the creative profile, you can change its amount slider. Let us know if you can't figure out how to do this from the links Wobertc posted.

Alternatively, you could use the Fader plugin to apply the preset with a variable strength.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sliders move, it's a preset. If the sliders don't move, it's a profile. And they are separated in the browser, partially for this reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines