• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? But in light room if I'm editing a photo the edits I add are already done, but if I go to add a preset, or want to put one on those edits that were previously done completely disappear and no longer exist on the photo? Which is hard because if I want to brighten the color of something, and then add a type of saturation preset the brightness I did previously is gone? I'm not sure if it's supposed to do that? But other colleagues of mine do not have the same problem I do? Thank you for the help I appreciate it. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, a Preset will over-ride any adjustments made IF the Preset includes a different value for the same adjustment.

eg. You have changed Exposure to +2 and applied a Preset that includes [Exposure +1], the final result will be [Exposure +1] 

For 'third-party' Presets that may include many adjustments, you may be better applying the Preset first, then modifying your adjustments.

When creating your own Presets- you only need to [check] the adjustment/s you want applied in the Preset creation dialog. eg. if your Preset only has [Saturation] checked, then it will not affect any other previous edit adjustments.

Jared Platt in his blog has a video that describes how to create a Preset for a B&W image-

https://jaredplatt.com/making-black-and-white-presets-in-lightroom-2-of-2/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines