• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing Lightroom remotely

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a stills photographer and I have a photo shoot (in Arkansas) in the coming weeks and my client in based in New Jersey. He cannot travel to the shoot due to Covid and company restrictions. We are skyping or webex'ing for creative direction. Is there a way for me to take the photos and capture in Lightroom via tether and for him to see the photos, in real time, at his location? Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fotochick,

I think I have a solution but it will be a bit of a slow process with probably a number of refreshing of browsers.

In LR-C create a Collection for this shoot. Than share that Collection to NJ. When he opens that shared Collection he will see the images in LR-Web.

If you tether, you can create a smart collection to have the images go directly to that collection. The one thing I'm not completely certain on is whether any new images will require a refreshing of his browser or if they will populate automatically. You will have to test that.

Do you plan on showing them ALL of your shots or just the ones you want to show him? If the latter, than just provide the link after you're done and there's no need for him to have to refresh continually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just share your screen or Lightroom window through webex or zoom (skype can do this too but is flakey in my experience). They will simply see what you see. I've been doing Lightroom editing courses this way and it works well depending on your internet connection.

Alternatively, you can auto-add images to a Lightroom cloud synced collection when you are tethering and share a link to the album online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Jao's idea but would only be concerned about video quality. There's one thing to see well enough to teach but another to be discriminatory on what you are seeing. I suggest try both. Jao's idea is a lot easier though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works surprisingly well. The quality of a shared screen or window is at the same resolution as your own screen if you have typical broadband internet with basically no compression artifacts. It's way better than a webcam feed. Only degradation of quality occurs if you have fast moving graphics, but a stationary screen like Lightroom's is basically full quality. You can't control color very well of course but you can't ever do that as you don't have control over the screen calibration (or lack thereof) on the other side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In real time, it will be difficult but if you create a shared collection, he will see it as soon as the network will have uploaded the collection.

You can also try, if tethered to add image after image to the shared collection.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, thanks to everyone who replied and offered suggestion and tips. It's very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP may be interested to see this youtube video by Terry White-

TETHER IMAGES TO MOBILE AUTOMATICALLY

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines