Highlighted

Previews not updating after edit on Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone here could help me with this mini headache. 

I have an issue that when I edit photos from

lightroom classic on photoshop cc and saved back, the previews on Lightroom cc mobile doesn't update. On LR classic they are fine, but not on mobile. 

To make it more clear, this is my workflow: 

upload photos to Lightroom classic > creat collections and sync (with smart previews)  to Lightroom CC / mobile > on Lightroom classic I do "edit image in photoshop 2020" > finished editing on PS 2020 and saved back. 

On lightroom classic the previews are updated nicely, however on Lightroom CC mobile the new previews doesn't update. The old one remains. 

I have tried to delete smart preview and then creat them again via library but nothing. 

the only work around it's to delete the collection (or sync) > delete smart previews > creat smart previews > creat collection and sync over and over again everytime I edit in photoshop. 

I mean, it's a complete nightmare 😞 

Does anyone have this issue? 
thank you in advance and sorry for my English 🙂 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Do you use 'Edit in Potoshop' while you are in the synced collection? If you are not in the synced collection, then the returned Photoshop image will not be added to the synced collection and so you will still only have the original online.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Previews not updating after edit on Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone here could help me with this mini headache. 

I have an issue that when I edit photos from

lightroom classic on photoshop cc and saved back, the previews on Lightroom cc mobile doesn't update. On LR classic they are fine, but not on mobile. 

To make it more clear, this is my workflow: 

upload photos to Lightroom classic > creat collections and sync (with smart previews)  to Lightroom CC / mobile > on Lightroom classic I do "edit image in photoshop 2020" > finished editing on PS 2020 and saved back. 

On lightroom classic the previews are updated nicely, however on Lightroom CC mobile the new previews doesn't update. The old one remains. 

I have tried to delete smart preview and then creat them again via library but nothing. 

the only work around it's to delete the collection (or sync) > delete smart previews > creat smart previews > creat collection and sync over and over again everytime I edit in photoshop. 

I mean, it's a complete nightmare 😞 

Does anyone have this issue? 
thank you in advance and sorry for my English 🙂 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JohanElzenga | Adobe Community Professional

Do you use 'Edit in Potoshop' while you are in the synced collection? If you are not in the synced collection, then the returned Photoshop image will not be added to the synced collection and so you will still only have the original online.

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan! 

thank you so much for this fast reply. 

and no 😞 I do "edit in photoshop" from the "album" and not from sync collection. 

gonna try your advice and see if that solves my lil workflow nightmare. 

Will let you know ASAP. Thank you again! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Johan!

sorry for the late reply. 

so I have followed your advice and, sadly, still doesn't work.

before I followed your advice I did the following:

on lightroom classic: unsynch the collections and delete the photos from all sync > did the "rebuild sync"  > discard  the smart previews > created the collections again and sync them > edit one of the photos "edit in photoshop" to test  

but it didn't synch the changes 😞 

im not very technical with Lightroom classic so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. 

If you can, let me know other advice. Thanks in advance. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a screenshot of Lightroom Classic (your entire screen, don't cut off anything), showing the selected image just before you do 'Edit in Photoshop'. Then show a second screenshot of the result (in Lightroom Classic) after you have done editing in Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyyy! 

well... well... well... Lightroom decided to make me look like a fool this time 🙂 

while doing the screenshots, it actually worked! Just took awhile to synch. Very happy now. 

sorry for making you waste more time on this. And again thank you so so much for your help. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem. My photos are not syncing with Lightroom Mobile after making adjustments in photoshop. I am making adjustments directly from the collection in Lightroom Classic (current version) and I'm adjusting the original image.  The adjustments appear in Lightroom, and Lightroom says it is syncing the image, but the changes are never actually synced.  The changes are not syncing in the cloud, so they are not reaching LR Mobile.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

thanks very much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
leonel85 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

so sorry for my late reply. 
In regard to the issue, I was following the advise of Johan and it actually worked for a bit

however, I'm back at square one. It is a nightmare for my work flow to be honest. 

Doesn't matter if I edit directly from the collection, if i delete the sync images and re-synch to update the previews etc. 

sometimes (more often than It needs to) the editions made on PS disappeared the moment i dare to do the slightest edit on Lightroom CC. 

I will need to reach out to adobe directly and post their reply. cause it's not the first time  I have experienced this issue.

let me know if you find another trick. 

Regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines