• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print photos with mac doesn't take full page

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to print with lightroom and whatever the parameters I've set, the photos never take the full page (8X10). What I am doing wrong?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the Page Setup button near the bottom left corner, does it say Any Printer, or does it say the name of your printer with the correct Paper Size?

Lightroom-Classic-Page-Setup-Any-Printer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does show my printer 😞Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-10 à 21.42.11.pngPrint.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your Print Module settings it is hard to tell why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than likely the Dimensions of the image file doesn't fit properly on a 8x10 piece of paper.

8" x 10" paper is a 2.5:2 ratio. Most cameras take 3:2 or 4:3 ratio images and those don't fit on a 8 x 10 inch piece of paper so there is always some area left over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also-

Set Margins to 0.00

Set Cell Size sliders to Maximum

ScreenShot034.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-11 à 20.47.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks OK in your last screen-clip. Margins at 0.25 are OK.

(Sorry, my clip shows 'Borderless' margins 0.00)

Can you also clip for us:

The Preview panel:

ScreenShot206.jpg

The Dimensions that show on the image when you also check [Dimensions] in 'Show Guides':

ScreenShot204.jpg

ScreenShot203.jpg

Your Paper size in your Printer Page Setup:

ScreenShot202.jpg

Why is yours set to 'Letter US' and not 8x10inch?

ScreenShot205.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you WobertC for helping me... honnestly, I really don't get it. No matters the parameters I set, I always get the same &*&%?$ result. It's frustrating. I did change to 8 X 10 instead of letter US. If I change the printer to PDF, the result is ok. So I gess one workaround is to print first in a PDF format and print that PDF after. But it's weird !

Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-12 à 20.43.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a setting in the Print Driver Setup that is causing your troubles.

'Scaling' appears to be at 100%- so that should not be a problem.

Are there any other 're-sizing' options in the Printer Setup?

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing the Printer?

And NEVER click on a Preset Template after you have set all your options in Setup and Layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Based on the picture of the print taking up only half the sheet, the only thing I can think of is to check whether Pages Per Sheet is set to 2 in the Layout settings. It should normally be 1.

Print-dialog-box-Layout-2-pages-per-sheet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines