Highlighted

printer not responding to changes in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am running lightroom 6 with the Canon Pro-100 printer.  I cannot get the printer to replicate the photo I am trying to compose.  No matter how much I lighten or change tone in Lightroom. the printer only prints the original.  I have set up the printer for the paper I am using (Plus Semi-gloss ) as recommended by Red River Paper for their "Ultra Pro Stin 4.0.  I have tried both setting the color management by printer and or by setting the software color management.  Same results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Performance, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

printer not responding to changes in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am running lightroom 6 with the Canon Pro-100 printer.  I cannot get the printer to replicate the photo I am trying to compose.  No matter how much I lighten or change tone in Lightroom. the printer only prints the original.  I have set up the printer for the paper I am using (Plus Semi-gloss ) as recommended by Red River Paper for their "Ultra Pro Stin 4.0.  I have tried both setting the color management by printer and or by setting the software color management.  Same results.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Performance, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at:

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/lightroom/how-to-use-icc-color-printer-profiles-lightroom-c...

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David.  That seemed to work.  Somewhere along the way, I had Lightroom competing with the printer.  Not good.  BTW I too have the 5D MK III, and it is the best!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I spoke too soon.  I am frustrated that I can't get the red out.  No matter how much I edit the photo in Lightroom, it seems to still want to put a red tint in the printed photo.  I have the printer paper set for "photo paper semi-gloss" as per Red River reccomendations.  I have the profile set for "UltraPro Satin 4.0"  I have Lightroom set to be managed by printer.  What the heck am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Andrew

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A red tint to the print is an indication of possible double color management by both Lightroom and the printer. Make sure that if you are letting the printer manage the color that you aren't also trying to assign a profile in Lightroom. I use that same printer. Make sure you have your monitor properly adjusted by some method. I haven't properly calibrated my monitor. But I downloaded a test "calibration" print and printed it without any adjustments. Then I adjusted my monitor to match the print. Some will scoff at that method of matching monitor to print, but it has worked quite satisfactorily for me. My point is, regardless of how you decide to properly adjust your monitor, it has to be done. Otherwise you can waste box after box of precious paper and countless cartridges of ink trying to get things to print correctly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 05, 2020 0