Highlighted

Printer Profile not available in LR Classic - Making me nuts

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic on a mac and have created a printer profile using the Xrite i1 calibration tool. The i1 software automatically updates icc profile list and is supposed to make it available globally. This didn't appear to work as I was unable to select it when printing on an Epson Sure Color P400 printer. I've regenerated the profile twice. Here are the things I've done below.  The profile appears to be the right size (2.1mb) and the file doesn't appear to have issues. NOTE: I can see it in PHOTOSHOP! I'm using the most recent version of LR 9.2, Mac OS 10.15.3 and the currently available Epson drivers.

Things I've tried:

1) Placed the profile in both the /user and ~library colorsync folders. When I do this, the profile authenticates. 

2) Placed the profile in the epson folder with the other profiles that the LR software does see. Again, the profile authenticates.

3) Rebuit the preferences on startup. 

4) Remove and reinstalled the Epson drivers. 

5) Was told by Xrite that it is a LR issue. 

6) Was told by Epson that it is a LR issue. 

7) Run the colorsync verify and repair protocols. 

8) Tried two other computers.

I'm happy to email the file to anyone who has a similar setup.

I'm printing scanned 4x5 negs (B/W) usually in TIFF format using AdobePro colorspace off of a V850 Scanner. I work in monotone mode in LR. I've tried loading other colorspace based images (even though it shouldn't matter) and there was no difference.  Again, it is visible in Photoshop!

Getting annoyed! 

Brian

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printer Profile not available in LR Classic - Making me nuts

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic on a mac and have created a printer profile using the Xrite i1 calibration tool. The i1 software automatically updates icc profile list and is supposed to make it available globally. This didn't appear to work as I was unable to select it when printing on an Epson Sure Color P400 printer. I've regenerated the profile twice. Here are the things I've done below.  The profile appears to be the right size (2.1mb) and the file doesn't appear to have issues. NOTE: I can see it in PHOTOSHOP! I'm using the most recent version of LR 9.2, Mac OS 10.15.3 and the currently available Epson drivers.

Things I've tried:

1) Placed the profile in both the /user and ~library colorsync folders. When I do this, the profile authenticates. 

2) Placed the profile in the epson folder with the other profiles that the LR software does see. Again, the profile authenticates.

3) Rebuit the preferences on startup. 

4) Remove and reinstalled the Epson drivers. 

5) Was told by Xrite that it is a LR issue. 

6) Was told by Epson that it is a LR issue. 

7) Run the colorsync verify and repair protocols. 

8) Tried two other computers.

I'm happy to email the file to anyone who has a similar setup.

I'm printing scanned 4x5 negs (B/W) usually in TIFF format using AdobePro colorspace off of a V850 Scanner. I work in monotone mode in LR. I've tried loading other colorspace based images (even though it shouldn't matter) and there was no difference.  Again, it is visible in Photoshop!

Getting annoyed! 

Brian

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2020 0

Have something to add?