• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer update issues after Catalina updates

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had continuing issues printing with my Epson 3880 through Lightroom after my Mac gets a Catalina update.  I lose my paper icc profiles and the printer just uses a default that is not accurate.  The work around is to go into system printer settings, delete the printer and then add the same printer.  

This works fine, however I then lose all my settings for different papers and have to re-enter them every time there is a new Catalina.  A friend suggested leaving my printer in the Desktop Dock at the bottom of the screen in the hopes the printer would be updated but that did not work.

Any ideas?  Am I missing something?  You can imagine the frustration of burning through paper trying to figure what was wrong.  Deleting and re-adding does work, but tedious to then reenter all paper settings.

thanks  Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

We are sorry about the experience due the printer settings missing after the macOS updates.

Have you checked other application to see if you are able to access your settings from them after the update or if it only effects the settings in Photoshop? You can try uninstalling the drivers completely and re-installing them to check if that helps with the issue. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What worked for me: I'm a late adopter, just updated to Catalina on a Mac in Nov. 2020 and lost my (Epson R3000 and 7600) printer profiles in both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic Ver. 10, but installing the printers again the profiles re-appeared where they had been before (do this in your System Preferences...I actually left the old printers in place, naming the new ones V2 to keep them separate, just in case of more issues with the new printer installs. So far so good.) In Lightroom you'll have to choose the profiles you want to appear in the popup under Color Management/Profile which is under Print Job. Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines