Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing bad colors

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE8121BB-9FCD-413F-9B40-269D2C95953F.jpeg

I have mac OS X Catalina with Lightroom and photoshop last updates. I print with a Canon pro 1000, drivers are updates. No problems with nozzle clogged. I use my ICC profiles, they are correct. Monitor calibrated. My last prints with Lightroom or photoshop print box make prints wrong, red/magenta are orange. Printing with Canon pro studio software prints are correct. I use ICC color management. It seem a problem with Adobe softwares.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Ok, deleting printer and all printer preference from Mac osx and re-installing all, it seem to work well. Probably some Adobe or Mac updates created some problems with drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to print this same image from Photoshop? How old is the paper? Do you have the same result with  a different paper? Did you just start to see this problem with printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes tried both photoshop and Lightroom. Paper is new and tried with other photo paper. Problem stared last month after some Adobe updates and print updates. With other software like Canon print studio pro with same paper, ICC, render intent prints are good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a case of double color management? If you select the profile in Lightroom or Photoshop then you must NOT choose a profile in the printer driver. The other option is, in Lightroom or Photoshop, let the printer manage the color and choose the profile in the printer driver. If you already know all this, I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I known, on Mac when I select ICC profile in Lightroom or photoshop print box Driver management is turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here some evaluation prints. Tried to re-install drivers and print an evaluation image on Canon pro luster. 3 prints, On top left printed via photoshop and cannon managed, on bottom left printed via photoshop then Qimage and canon managed, on the right photoshop + canon pro studio and canon managed. On Photoshop or Qimage strawberries are more orange and green/blue gradients not correct; Canon print studio works fine. So, printer is ok, driver update, where is the problem?IMG_0831.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank but I know how print using profile and I know the 2 links above. I think there is something wrong in Adobe updates or Osx updates or Adobe preference corruption

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I completely agree with you. I have the same problem. My prints when sending them to the printer straight from photoshop to my canon pro 1000 come out with a red hue (especially in the skin). When I save the file as TIFF and print it directly from preview it works fine (but of course in that case i can't select icc profile for my paper).  I've contacted canon and adobe and both say it's a problem from the other party. It's really frustrating. Any advice? Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the driver. When Mac made updates the driver could need to be disintalled and then re-installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
10 hours ago 10 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem as you. Printing from Lightroom classic, the colors are wrong. Printing from Canon Print studio pro the colors are perfect.  What exactly did you do to fix the problem so Colors print out right in Lightroom classic. I am running Sonoma on my Mac. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, deleting printer and all printer preference from Mac osx and re-installing all, it seem to work well. Probably some Adobe or Mac updates created some problems with drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever there is a major OS release it's best practice to update your drivers. Especially since the security and privacy changes in Catalina and beyond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a Canon PRO200 which worked really well until just around 2 weeks ago (mid August) suddenly greens and blues are ghastly, saturated and nothing whatsoever like the screen image.   I've contacted Canon, who advised me to use Canon easy photo editor.  It's awful, I can't use that!!  full of ready made cards, with borders and gimmicks, I want to be able to print from my LR templates for my own stock supply of different goods, but I can't get away from these colours!  I downloaded the new driver, but it hasn't made any difference, I'm tearing my hair out, while wasting good ink and paper here.... any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What changed two weeks ago - did you do any system or Lightroom updates? Are you using the same .icc printer/paper profiles? Is your monitor calibrated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm so sorry for late reply, i had not seen this.   I had not done any updates.  My old printer, an Epson, simply printed as directed, no issues, but the new Canon has been so different,  i was sent new profiles to install from my paper supplier but this has NOT RESOLVED the issue.  What I find is that i need to print away from Lightroom, or simply let the printer take control... i'm still not happy, but it's better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with my pro1000 (after updating to OS Ventura on my mac M1) when using color sync in lightroom, the canon print driver or even the canon pro print & layout app. Prints to dark, blue with heavy magenta blothces etc. When I let the printer manage colors it is far better but not on the level I want. Tried everything i have found online about updating the printer driver, deleting/reinstalling printer etc., but nothing fixea the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's neither Ventura or LR. Prints made from both match prints made from previous versions of each on both my Epsons 3880 and P800). 
It might be your Canon print driver but it is not an Adobe/Apple issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, issue is caused by mac osx updates. I solve deleting the printer from System preferences and the files: /Library/Printers ( del BJPrinter)  and /library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources (del Canonxxx). Then re-installing the driver all work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, I've deleted and reinstalled the printer a few times now, it's just not so intuitive as the Epson was.   The canon help call centres are really not very knowledgeable about their own equipment in my opinion.  Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines