Highlighted

Printing bad colors

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE8121BB-9FCD-413F-9B40-269D2C95953F.jpeg

I have mac OS X Catalina with Lightroom and photoshop last updates. I print with a Canon pro 1000, drivers are updates. No problems with nozzle clogged. I use my ICC profiles, they are correct. Monitor calibrated. My last prints with Lightroom or photoshop print box make prints wrong, red/magenta are orange. Printing with Canon pro studio software prints are correct. I use ICC color management. It seem a problem with Adobe softwares.

Ok, deleting printer and all printer preference from Mac osx and re-installing all, it seem to work well. Probably some Adobe or Mac updates created some problems with drivers

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing bad colors

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE8121BB-9FCD-413F-9B40-269D2C95953F.jpeg

I have mac OS X Catalina with Lightroom and photoshop last updates. I print with a Canon pro 1000, drivers are updates. No problems with nozzle clogged. I use my ICC profiles, they are correct. Monitor calibrated. My last prints with Lightroom or photoshop print box make prints wrong, red/magenta are orange. Printing with Canon pro studio software prints are correct. I use ICC color management. It seem a problem with Adobe softwares.

Ok, deleting printer and all printer preference from Mac osx and re-installing all, it seem to work well. Probably some Adobe or Mac updates created some problems with drivers

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to print this same image from Photoshop? How old is the paper? Do you have the same result with  a different paper? Did you just start to see this problem with printing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes tried both photoshop and Lightroom. Paper is new and tried with other photo paper. Problem stared last month after some Adobe updates and print updates. With other software like Canon print studio pro with same paper, ICC, render intent prints are good

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a case of double color management? If you select the profile in Lightroom or Photoshop then you must NOT choose a profile in the printer driver. The other option is, in Lightroom or Photoshop, let the printer manage the color and choose the profile in the printer driver. If you already know all this, I apologize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I known, on Mac when I select ICC profile in Lightroom or photoshop print box Driver management is turned off

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here some evaluation prints. Tried to re-install drivers and print an evaluation image on Canon pro luster. 3 prints, On top left printed via photoshop and cannon managed, on bottom left printed via photoshop then Qimage and canon managed, on the right photoshop + canon pro studio and canon managed. On Photoshop or Qimage strawberries are more orange and green/blue gradients not correct; Canon print studio works fine. So, printer is ok, driver update, where is the problem?IMG_0831.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to review:

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/lightroom/how-to-use-icc-color-printer-profiles-lightroom-c...

https://www.colourphil.co.uk/printing-canon-mac.shtml

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank but I know how print using profile and I know the 2 links above. I think there is something wrong in Adobe updates or Osx updates or Adobe preference corruption

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0