• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing in Lightroom Classic vs. Photoshop -- Same file, different results

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an occasional issue.  Sometimes when I print the same file from Lightroom and then Photoshop I do not get the same results. The Lightroom version is missing some of the colors.  In both cases, the software, not the printer, is controlling the process.  Here's a sample.  The upper image from Photoshop is good, the lower from Lightroom is missing the yellow. IMG_5509.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same paper profile and the same settings (color intent, ...)?

Also, the printer driver settings are exactly same?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything is the same in the driver: Photo printing, Matte Photo Paper*, Standard Quality, Matching = none, intent = Perceptual. Changing the intent in either program does not change the results. 

*Because the software controls the printing, there are no ICC profiles involved (if I understand the process correctly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select the correct paper profile in LR if it has to take control.

ICC is either in Lr or in the printer driver.

Please post a screen capture of the print settings in Lr just before you print.

Also, if you let Lr manage the colors you need to turn off everything releated in the printer driver. Your writing of setting in the driver with intent tells me that this is not the case.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.  I have chosen a paper profile: Canon Pro-100 [MP] Matte 2/3.  Here's the screen shot

Capture.JPG

The Intent here is set to Relative, but I get the same results with Perceptual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: https://www.datacolor.com/photography-design/how-to-guides/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I'd seen these when I first started using a color printer.  But, in any case, I'm at this point I'm using identical settings in Photoshop and Lightroom and getting very different results -- sometimes. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience I have never gotten Good results printing to any printer from LrC and or any other traditional versions of Lr.

So I have always used Photoshop to do whatever image printing I needed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had fairly good success with Lightroom and the ability to easily set up templates and create collections of photographs using the same set up are very helpful for what I am doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Just Shoot Me, my experience in printing from LrC has always been excellent. I have only printed with the Epson P800 and it's predecessor, so my experience is limited to those two models. I have printed for gallery display and customer delivery and never had any kind of issue.

I did have a close friend who had continuing issues printing in LrC when he switched to Canon printers from Epson.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have also configured 'Print Settings' corrrectly. The button is at bottom of left side panel track. Below screenshot is an example that may help

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this for you: http://www.johnhoenstine.com/printing-with-color-management-in-lightroom-and-the-canon-pixma-pro-100...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.  This answers a question I had about which paper profile(s) would guide the printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines