• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing: Lr Classic to Canon Pro-100 - yellow discoloration since update to 9.2

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've come across a printing issue since updating to Lr 9.2, prints are coming out with a yellow cast to them.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you know the fix?

Greater detail:

A similar problem occured late 2019, the fix was to update my Canon Pro-100 driver software for Mac Catalina. The Canon driver software is still up to date. 

The file that printed yellow from Lr in Feb. 2020 did so for the first time immediately after the Lr update to 9.2, but printed normally (without yellow color cast) before that update.

The same file also prints with a yellow color cast from the latest version of Photoshop (as a test). 

I called Canon support - we went through all the hardware are software variables and couldn't find the problem. We printed that same image file from Preview on Mac--viola--no color cast, colors were correct. It's a workaround but my professional process uses Lr's Print module. 

I restored earlier versions of Lr, going back 2 versions--still printing yellow.

I am now again updated to Lr 9.2.

I should note that paper type, icc profile, and printer driver settings have been checked numerous times--all are correct. I print regularly--if there was something obviously wrong in the process I'd hope to find it by now.

Before posting I searched and didn't see anything about this.

Can anyone here please assist or point me in a direction? 

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding, now that I've seen another thread--my monitor is calibrated monthly. 

I have copies of the print before/after this started to happen (normal colors/yellow), same paper etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem persists, I ran another test today with a brand new file. The image prints perfectly from Preview but with incorrect colors from Adobe Products. Any response greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you print from LR, did you let the printer manage the color or did you set LR to manage the colors?

If the later, did you verify that the driver has been set to not manage the colors?

It might be a corrupted printer profile. Did you soft proof with the printer profile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to print with Canon print studio pro? I have a similar problem, if I print with Lightroom or Photoshop or Qimage my red/magenta are orange. With Canon print studio print is perfect. Some month ago all work perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom 9.2.1, Windows 10, Canon Pixma Pro 100. I don't experience the yellow tint in my prints as you describe. My only suggestion would be to ensure that you are not color managing both with Lightroom and with the printer driver. I have printed with Lightroom, Photoshop, Qimage and Print Studio Pro, all with expected results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, double is not possible. When I select a Icc profile in Lighroom or Photoshop print box, automatically color management in driver is greyed. No problem with prints until some month ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me there was something wrong in driver. Deleted and re-installed and now is ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue here, James. Using Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 on macOS 11.2.3 (Big Sur), and printing to Canon Pro-300. Prints from LR have a yellow cast to them. I phoned Canon support last week on this, and they had me re-install the drivers which seemed to work at the time. Then last night I went to make a print and the yellow cast was back. Tried printing the same image from Canon's Professional Print & Layout application -- no yellow cast. James, did you ever sort out the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just tried printing from Photoshop 22.3.0, and I had the yellow cast (same as I had with Lightroom). Worth noting that when I print the same image from Lightroom on my wife's computer, there is no color cast. Using the same ICC profiles, and all the same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved reinstalling driver. Make sure you delete printer from system preferences-printer and delete printer inside library/printer. Only remove from system printer doesn't work! After all macOS update you could need to reinstall driver. I make a little test print to check 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maucamo, thanks for sharing. After re-installing the driver I am printing again without a yellow cast. However, I feel like this isn't a great long-term solution (i.e. I don't want to have to do this everytime I update my operating system), so I have a call into Canon support. Will report back once I connect with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

l know but I read in the manual or same canon  kb some advices regarding that! Pay attention when you make custom icc profiles...i think my wrong custom profile were caused by the driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines