• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problem in LrC

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why my images in Print mode on LRC 10.2 are darker than the same image in development mode?

what is the point of making adjustments if when I print the adjustments are different.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or, is this a LRC bug?  

solutions?  

thanks, 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Adobe has acknowledged a bug with previews shown in the Print module:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-100-using-the-zoom-to-fill-function-in-the-print-module-shows-the-original-unedited-version-of-the-photo/5fc297e6ecf16939894a4edf 

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notifie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

f the images look darker in one panel vs the other, it usually means your screen calibration is off. Images should look identical if the calibration is correct. Fix is usually to recalibrate your screen using calibration hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  I have calibrated my screen.  But this wouldn't explain why the image looks darker or lighter depending on which mode in LR I'm using.  Regardless of which mode I'm using in LR my image should look the same.  

however, in develop mode the image is brighter and colors are different then when I switch same image to print mode.  In print mode the image get darker and less vibrant.  Cant be calibration. Besides, I've calibrated and printed a test not using Lightroom and the print matched the screen test image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged a bug with previews shown in the Print module:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-100-using-the-zoom-... 

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great catch. I did not know about this bug! This is likely the issue here too if you are running Classic on Big Sur @justen_ahren !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are really three reasons for this to happen.

1. It is very common for the Print and Library module to look different from develop because of bad calibration. This is the first to check. I know it doesn't make any sense on the surface but the reason is that they use different display paths. Best way to go is to recalibrate and make sure to select a v2 icc profile as the resulting monitor profile

2. There can a problem with the display card GPU acceleration or GPU driver. This results in the Develop module appearing wrong. To test this, turn off GPU acceleration in the Lightroom preferences. If this makes a difference, especially to the display in Develop, you should see if there are newer drivers for the display card.

3. The last reason they sometimes look different is if your images are very noisy (e.g. a milky way shot) or you have oversharpened an image and you have applied noise reduction or extreme sharpening settings. The Develop module, can in extreme cases appear to be sharper and more colorful than the other modules. This happens because when you look at an image scaled down in Develop, the display engine downscales the image to a lower resolution version in order for the display to be reasonably fast. It can't use all the data because you would bee waiting minutes for the image to render. This can result in images that appear more colorful if they contain a lot of detail (or noise!) than they really are. You can only see the actual image in those cases if you zoom to 100% where all data for the small region is used instead of a subsampled amount of data for the entire image. These effects are exacerbated by very strong sharpening settings or by very strong noise reduction settings. Only when you switch to another module, a jpeg preview is generated from the image. That process actually uses all the raw data and downscales to the needed resolution. In that process, you can lose apparent (but not real) detail and saturation that appeared to be there in Develop. 

Do the images look the same in Print as they do in Library? They should as they use the same preview files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The image in library and develop modes appears the same. Only print mode changes image.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have saturation pushed to the max in the Develop module,  so the previews in Develop and Print are extremely over-saturated, yet my prints are too low in saturation. My monitor and printer are calibrated, and the colors are spot on. The brightness and contrast settings in the print module produce acceptable output. I have been unable to bring up the saturation in my prints. The Develop module and Print module images match. I use the paper manufactures paper profiles. Where does the problem lie, and is there a fix for it?

LrC 12.1

Epson SC-P900

BenQ SW271C Display

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should probably start a new thread in order for this to be noticed. In short the problem is almost always the printer driver if you see the things you describe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines