• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problem

Explorer ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several struggle with the plotter wich i will not tell, i figure it out it's Lightroom to create the problem with the prints.

It's almost 10 years since i started to print with lightroom so i'm not a newbie.

The same file printed with same icc profile and paper in photoshop prints well.

Why i get this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are experienced, but since it works in PS and not Lrc with the same profile, I would suggest:

• Double checking where color management is done (LrC or printer)
  • Double check that the printer options are correct for the paper and color management

It looks like ink bleed because of the incorrect deposit during printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too bad it's all correct. I always printed also with lightroom and never found any problem like that.

The color management is done with lightroom. If you select a custom profile, automatically disable the printer management.

Consider that i changed also the plotter to be sure of this. So two totally different plotters behave in the same exact way in photoshop (right) and lightroom (wrong).

I'll try to reinstall LrC if this has any sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" If you select a custom profile, automatically disable the printer management." Most of the time it does. I've been surprized by it not changing and I have to manually configure the printer. I always go into "Printer..." now to ensure the settings between LrC and the Printer are set properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, yes you are correct. I too check every time that the printer do not manage the colors. What i ment is if you choose a profile in lightroom automatically is not selected "managed by the printer". 

But this is not the case too bad.

I need to figure it out what is causing this problem because Lightroom it's so deep in my workflow that changing software could be a real pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use a Print Templeate, start from scratch recreating a new one with ALL settings in Lightroom Classic and in the print driver. Sometimes such Templates get corrupted.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't use print templates. I use the "personal package" manually, changing the cell size based on the print i need to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines