Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to Canon Pixma TS9150 from Lightroom Classic 9.4

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I am trying to get back into photography after a while away.

I had the original Lightroom v1 and upgraded that to v3.4, now I have subscribed and got the 20GB Photogrpahy package.

I have come across an odd issue when trying to print from Lightroom 9.4 to the Canon Pixma TS9150.

In Lightroom Classic I click on the Printer Button and then the Properties Button in the Printer Driver, I change the Paper and Size etc., then pross OK.

The problem now is that I am now on the Main Printer Driver Dialog.

I can either press OK or Cancel.

If I press OK the image Prints but bypasses Lightroom but if I press Cancel then the changes to the Paper etc. are lost.

I have tried the printing in Photoshop and when I select Print Settings it takes me straigt to the Printer Properties to change the Paper etc. and when I press OK it returns me back to Photoshop.

Is this a known issue with Lightroom Classic 9.4?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Hello 

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I am not able to set the page size, paper etc. As they are reset when I leave the printer settings.

This issue does not happen in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance 

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Hello all 

Well, I decided to reset Lightroom Classic and start from scratch.

The odd thing is, after starting from scratch and re-importing my photos, when I now go to the Print Module there is a Page Setup button on the left side of the screen that was not there before.

Strange but there you go.

Thanks 

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything, including driver settings are stored in a print preset. I'd start from scratch, set everything including driver settings (paper size, profile, etc), then make a new print preset and try that. Everything you've set should be recorded so all you have to do is select an image (or images), the preset and click on the Print button. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I am not able to set the page size, paper etc. As they are reset when I leave the printer settings.

This issue does not happen in Photoshop.

Thanks in advance 

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all 

Well, I decided to reset Lightroom Classic and start from scratch.

The odd thing is, after starting from scratch and re-importing my photos, when I now go to the Print Module there is a Page Setup button on the left side of the screen that was not there before.

Strange but there you go.

Thanks 

Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines