Printing using remote lab

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at 2 print labs. There appears to be some coflecting advice.

The first advises exporting your image file using the colour space selected for the choosen printer. (ie  the ICC profile info)

The second  advice not to do this but only use the printer ICC for proofing ?. They also suggest exporting the files as sRGB .

Which is the correct procedure ?. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 'correct' prodedure per se. Some labs deamnd sRGB and will convert to the output color space when they get the file. Others will allow you to convert to a supplied profile. This IS preferable as you can soft proof using that profile and convert and send. 

Using a profile for soft proofing but not using to convert is problematic; what rendering intent will be used, why can't you convert and post edit? So, IMHO, either find a lab that is fully color manged (not easy) or just buckle down and send them sRGB which isn't ideal but all they allow. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Leslie5FF8 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I now know which approach to take.

However I don't think using the words " buckle down" are appropriate when
someone is seeking help !.

Regards

Les

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines