• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prints dull since Mojave update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bit of frustrating issue that as far as I can tell is software related.  Last weekend I went to print through LRs print module.  It printed on my Epson Surecolor P600 but the print came out dull, almost as though it was printed on matte paper or the wrong ICC paper profile was selected.  This image that I printed is one that I have printed in the past w/o issue and it was printed from a edited up file i have saved so that when I want to print that file i don't have to work up another copy of it.  As far as I can tell the issue came around after I upgraded to the latest version of Mojave.  My print driver is up to date and I actually uninstalled the driver and will be re-installing to see if it fixes the issue though i don't have much confidence that it will resolve the issue.  I triple check that the correct paper profile is selected before I print so I am not really sure what happened.  Has anyone come across or heard of anything similar to this? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print driver should not be an issue as you are going to apply a icc profile, and Apple OS should have automatically taken that into account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David.  I have been doing a good amount of digging around on the internet to try and figure out where to go from here.  Since I already uninstalled the driver I will rule that out as to not being the issue after I reinstall it keeping in mind what you stated.  The hyperlink that you posted is interesting to say the least.  I will try select that RGB profile and following the subsequent steps, hopefully that will fix what I am seeing.  To echo what individual posted it is almost as though the wrong ICC was applied or it was not applied at all while printing even though it shows it is clearly selected when I go through the printing steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately all of those steps/suggestions I tried from both of those forum threads did not work.  I will have to reach out to Adobe next week and see what they can come up with.  If I get a resolution I will check back into this posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install drivers (from Epson) again:

1. Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.

2. Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3. Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4. Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer, on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away. Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.

Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar problem since Mojave, only with me it's like the colour is drained from flesh tones, a  green-ish tint. Duller, yes, but colour-wise. After much experimentation, what works for me (Epson 3880) is to choose 'Managed by printer' under the profile option in LR. but then under the Mac OS' print setting / Color Matching (prior to ok'ing printing), choose Colorsync, then your profile in the pull-down 'profile'menu. This gives proper prints just like before. Then save the settings as a preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(duplicate)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solves my issue with latest Mojave release. Last October I had the same problem with my prints (dull images with flat yellow-greenish skin tones) on an Epson R3000 which has been solved by upgrading the firmware (from Epson USA) e upgrading from macOS 10.14.0 to 10.14.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few versions where everything worked mostly OK, back on macOS 10.15.6 with off colors, so again "Managed by Printer" and choose a color profile from the ColorSync driver option.

A question arises: since no intent is chosen, does it automatically opt for perceptual (so also black point compensation) or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an issue where the printer and software are both trying to apply color management. My preference is to use the software and choose no color management in the print driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the OS X side if you choose color sync you then have a choice of automatic or selecting a colour profile.You would think that choosing automatic would allow the software selection to work. It doesn't. What works is choosing your profile in the printer dialog and choosing'Managed by printer' in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines