Highlighted

Prints suddenly look very Flat

New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a year or printing beautiful prints from Lightroom, it suddenly will only print very flat gross images.

My iMac is Calibrated (last calibration pre Catalina now the software doesn't work) [edit; calibration completed, still flat]

My Canon PRO-100S is Calibrated (last calibration pre Catalina now the software doesn't work)[edit; calibration completed, still flat]

The Canson profile also looks very flat (even in the softproofing in LR)

Tried the profile from https://michaels.com.au/pages/colour-management and it looks good in soft proofing but prints yuck colours.

Absolutely frustrated and pulling my hair out, it worked perfect and now doesn't for no obvious reason. spending a ridiculous amount on ink and paper trying to fix 😞

TOPICS
Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Prints suddenly look very Flat

New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a year or printing beautiful prints from Lightroom, it suddenly will only print very flat gross images.

My iMac is Calibrated (last calibration pre Catalina now the software doesn't work) [edit; calibration completed, still flat]

My Canon PRO-100S is Calibrated (last calibration pre Catalina now the software doesn't work)[edit; calibration completed, still flat]

The Canson profile also looks very flat (even in the softproofing in LR)

Tried the profile from https://michaels.com.au/pages/colour-management and it looks good in soft proofing but prints yuck colours.

Absolutely frustrated and pulling my hair out, it worked perfect and now doesn't for no obvious reason. spending a ridiculous amount on ink and paper trying to fix 😞

TOPICS
Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have old 32 bit software, then you need to replace it with 64 bit. Catalina has been out long enough for the vendors to come out with new apps.

Fix that, then recalibrate, then see what happens.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calibration completed, still very flat and muddy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you might want to check for new print drivers, or do the Apple Gods, prevent that.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver is up todate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0