Highlighted

Probelms following recent updates

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last few years I have found that following automatic updates have often reulted in problems with finding images after the update. However, after the recent two updates Adobe you have supassed yourself.

Firstly adobe lightroom auto created a new catalogue and I had to re import the photo graphs in a large number of folders and hard drives. With there being many thousands of photo graphs I was not pleased at all at the time wasted trying to get back to my original set up and not even sure if I am able to see all of my images now.

Then the Photshop interface page seems to have changed again with no intuative way finding ones way around the new page.

Then I thought I found a wonderful feature called 3D to create and share 360 Speerical panoramas. Create them and store in cloud - managed it once but have spent two days trying to figure out how can I store the image on my hard drive and then share on Facebook. The Adobe tutorials appear to be for PS 2017 and not 2020 and do not appear to help answer my question on how to share images in my HD or Facebook and seem to create a completely different type of 360 pano to the one created in cloud and also changes the coulour across the image.

I do wonder if you have a spy in your camp working to upset your loyal customers to an extent that they are looking for alternative software to use. Most people don't like change but with all the problems I have expereinced following Adobe CC updates I know that I have little choice. Sorry but this is how bad your updates have been for me.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Probelms following recent updates

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the last few years I have found that following automatic updates have often reulted in problems with finding images after the update. However, after the recent two updates Adobe you have supassed yourself.

Firstly adobe lightroom auto created a new catalogue and I had to re import the photo graphs in a large number of folders and hard drives. With there being many thousands of photo graphs I was not pleased at all at the time wasted trying to get back to my original set up and not even sure if I am able to see all of my images now.

Then the Photshop interface page seems to have changed again with no intuative way finding ones way around the new page.

Then I thought I found a wonderful feature called 3D to create and share 360 Speerical panoramas. Create them and store in cloud - managed it once but have spent two days trying to figure out how can I store the image on my hard drive and then share on Facebook. The Adobe tutorials appear to be for PS 2017 and not 2020 and do not appear to help answer my question on how to share images in my HD or Facebook and seem to create a completely different type of 360 pano to the one created in cloud and also changes the coulour across the image.

I do wonder if you have a spy in your camp working to upset your loyal customers to an extent that they are looking for alternative software to use. Most people don't like change but with all the problems I have expereinced following Adobe CC updates I know that I have little choice. Sorry but this is how bad your updates have been for me.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of LR Classic were you using before the update (or updates) that you did recently?

There has not been an update, actually a Upgrade, for LR Classic that needed a Catalog Upgrade since version 9 came out which was in November of 2019. 5 months ago. There has been 2 updates since then but neither needed or did a Catalog upgrade.

So for some reason you never did the initial V9 release upgrade and upgraded the catalog or the newest version, 9.2, update did not see you already had a upgraded catalog.

You need to Search your hard drive for all files that end with the .lrcat extension. Open each one until you find your most recent catalog.

A note for the future. Never Ever Reimport images that you Know For Sure you had imported before.

If you think you are missing images you have either opened the wrong, an Older, catalog or you have a filter set or are in a Collection that is not showing you All of your Photographs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to the correct forum, LR Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly adobe lightroom auto created a new catalogue and I had to re import the photo graphs in a large number of folders and hard drives.

No need to reimport anything after a catalog upgrade. You simply use the upgraded catalog (or if it didn't upgrade the proper catalog, you find the proper catalog and then open that in the new version of Lightroom Classic).

I have gone through many different automatic updates, and never once had a problem with finding images in the new catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines