Problem (big) with Upgrade to LR Classic 9

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro, with last Updates, 32 GB RAM, Intel 6 Core: Yesterday I did the update to LR C Vers 9, but before done backups. no problem with two smaller Catalog. BUT the main Catalog with about 80,000 images (Catalog-size 960 MB) had an error message "There was a problem updating the format of the Catalog file in Lightroom. This Catalog can not be used with this Lightroom version." After about 75% the upgrade will be cancelled. It was not possible to upgrade the Catalog, even with the backup-file. Also the Help.informations from Adobe wasn`t helpful. I tried it also with older backups, but still the same problem.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately I ´ve got also many troubles with my Lightroom Classic - since I got the newest Adobe updates. It crashes all the time, the making of "time lapse" videos is not possible anymore. When I start "lightroom" I get a message "catalog not found, try to chose another one". These and similary problems are identical of my two absolut different laptops ( very fast CPU, 8 GB RAM, TBs Harddisc, the newest Win10 Updates ), and they appear since newest Adobe Updates. I have already uninstalled and installed Lightroom again, but it doesn´t work! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
MrSammyD LATEST
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this upgrade problem also. I'm not sure if this is related but the last upgrade had "issues" like this. I finally discovered that video files were the culprit. Try to import the old catalog without video files and see if that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines