• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem converting RAW to DNG

Participant ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the years when I import my RAW files from the flashcard into LR6 I choose the option "Convert all files to DNG." I have never had a problem doing so. Today I imported a flascard with 93 images and LR tells me that 32 of them were converted to DNG; the remainder were CR2. I highlighted the non-DNG files, went to Library, chose Convert to DNG; only the first image was converted. I then learned that if I did them one at a time I could convert the so I selected those that I planned to process and turned them into DNGs; I left the rest as CR2. What happened here and why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

I am using a 1 year old desktop with plenty of storage on both C and D drives.

As suggested I switched to grid view and presto, the conversion to DNG on all remaining files worked perfectly. That is most interesting as I have never required grid view in the past and I find it hard to understand why that would make a difference. Nevertheless, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing the files in the grid view in Library Module? Just a thought I do not use the DNG option so I am unable to test. 

If not then try selecting the files in the grid view and then try convert to DNG option.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a 1 year old desktop with plenty of storage on both C and D drives.

As suggested I switched to grid view and presto, the conversion to DNG on all remaining files worked perfectly. That is most interesting as I have never required grid view in the past and I find it hard to understand why that would make a difference. Nevertheless, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought here. Don't know if it is relevant. But how much free disk space is there on your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines