• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing to my Lightroom 6?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lightroom 6 on my Mac won't recognize anything on my hardrive to import it anymore. I am completely stumped by this. Can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Describe what does happen in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you go to import, it first is unable to show thumbnail images of the photos that it recognizes in a folder or on the desktop. The thumbails are all grayed out. Then when selecting one of the thumbnails to import, it says "import files at their current location" above the activity bar, but the activity bar is stuck without advancing all the way to completeness, the message on the main library window says "importing files ..." and nothing ever happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greyed out thumbnails in the Import dialog box usually indicate that the photos have previously been imported into Lightroom, and the default behavior of Lightroom is to not let you import them a second time (nor is it a good idea to import them a second time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just upgrade your MACOS to Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not previously imported photos. And yes, I just updated to Catalina. I think it must have coincided with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see now that I can't use Lightroom 6 anymore. Is my only option to switch to Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Catalina (not Lightroom) bring up System Preferences, Selecr Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Fikes and Folders. For Lightroom make sure all boxes are checked. Following example is actually for Lightroom Classic

C36593EC-3DE4-4F48-8669-70040DF3D7D9.png

https://www.howtogeek.com/443611/how-macos-catalinas-new-security-features-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While your upgrade to Catalina allowed the existing Lightroom v6 to run, had you attempted to install Lightroom 6, that install would fail, while Lightroom 6 is 64 bit, the installer is 32 bit, Catalina refuses without exception 32 bit apps to run.

If your copy of Lightroom 6 is not v6.14, I suspect you will not be able to update to v6.14 for that reason.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-catalina-compatibility/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I am stuck with a nonfunctional Lightroom 6, it seems. It is not v6.14. Any advice on my options from here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Yes, thank you. I am stuck with a nonfunctional Lightroom 6, it seems. It is not v6.14. Any advice on my options from here? "

1. Upgrade to Lightroom Classic
  2. Downgrade from Catalina to earlier OS X versions (I'm not a Mac person, so I don't know if this is possible)
  3. Install an earlier version of OS X on a disk partition and run LR 6 from there (I have read that people have done this)
  4. Use other software 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines