• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing to network drive after Catalina upgrade

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Classic running on a MacBook Pro and my external storage drive connected to a Mini on the network. It has worked flawlessly for years in that configuration.

I finally made the switch to Catalina. Now, when I try to import a photo, the import stalls and when I quit the import, I get the error message that the import couldn't complete because the disk is not writable.

However, the disk is writable. If I connect the external drive directly to the MB Pro, it works fine. And I have verified that I can import directly to the internal drive on the MB Pro. Oh, and Lightroom performs perfectly, even though all the image files are on that external network drive that the import error message says is not writable. So it's not really a "writable" issue.

The problem only occurs when I try to import over the network.

This must be a Catalina issue, but I can't figure out what's causing it. I've added Lightroom to the Mini and given it Privacy Full Disk Access permissions. I've cleaned up all the permissions. I even wiped the Mini and reinstalled everything.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You made tyhe switch to Catalina on what computer? the one you have LrC installed on and or the one that has the networked drive attached to it or Both?

Apple has made User Rights more restrictive and you will need to review and change your User Permissions on more than likely both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I didn't make that clear. I changed on both. And I have set the permissions on both.

But I'm suspicious that it has something to do with the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the menu command Help > System Info and verify you have the latest version installed, LR 9.4. Earlier versions of LR had some problems importing to/from NAS on Catalina.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines