Highlighted

Problem importing

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers, a Macbook pro and an iMac pro (2017) both with CatalinaOS 15.5.5,  I have installed the latest Lightroom Classic software on both. On the Macbook pro I have no problem importing directly from my SD card and from my iPhone as I have done for years. For the first time, if I try and import from my card or iPhone into the iMac Pro, I get the message "No Photos found." I reinstalled the software using the option to not save preferences. Problem was not solved. Apple customer support could not solve the conflict, blaming the disparity on each computer having different processors. Does anyone have any suggestion other than to take the extra step of first copying the photos on my card and phone into the Pictures folder on my computer and importing into Lightroom from there?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem importing

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers, a Macbook pro and an iMac pro (2017) both with CatalinaOS 15.5.5,  I have installed the latest Lightroom Classic software on both. On the Macbook pro I have no problem importing directly from my SD card and from my iPhone as I have done for years. For the first time, if I try and import from my card or iPhone into the iMac Pro, I get the message "No Photos found." I reinstalled the software using the option to not save preferences. Problem was not solved. Apple customer support could not solve the conflict, blaming the disparity on each computer having different processors. Does anyone have any suggestion other than to take the extra step of first copying the photos on my card and phone into the Pictures folder on my computer and importing into Lightroom from there?

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are security preferences that must be set properly in Catalina; my guess is that one computer does not have those security preferences set properly. You can search the forums to find the details.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the offending MAC. Outside of LrC. In the MACOS. Bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Photos, if Lightroom Classic is not included, add it. Scroll down to Files and Folders. For Lightroom Classic and while you are at it, for Photoshop, make sure all media types shown are checked. Some people find they need to scroll up to Full Disc Access, and add Lightroom Classic.

MACOS System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Privacy tabMACOS System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Privacy tab

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0