• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem logging in to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I each have identical iMacs, both running on OS 10.15.7.  For years now, we've been sharing a license for Lightroom and Photoshop without any problem.  About a week ago, my wife's iMac's connection to the internet died, even though my iMac was connecting fine to the same wifi.  To make a long story short, it took until yesterday before she could get her connection back.  Now, everytime she tries to launch Lightroom or Photoshop, all she gets is this window that says "Start your 7-day free trial", with three choices: "Quit Lightroom Classic CC", "Buy at adobe.com", and "Start free trial".  Nothing about logging in.  I logged off my account on my iMac and was able to log back on without any problem.  Any help would be much appreciated!

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Is her computer Logged In using the Adobe ID that was used to Purchase the Subscription?

That is what has to happen.

But NO Computer loses the WiFi connection without something being Wrong with that computer.

Whatever it is/was could of also corrupted the Adobe Licensing file stored on the hard drive.

But I must add that what you are doing goes against the terms of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

>>>The Adobe policy clearly states that you can use one Lightroom license simultaneously on two computers.

Not quite. See the FAQ. I assume you've both been logging in with the same Adobe ID.

Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on more than one machine?
Yes. You can download and install Creative Cloud desktop applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system. However, activation is limited to two machines per individual associated with the membership, and yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you say, the issue appears when she starts LR. What happens when she tries to log in using LR or the Creative Cloud desktop application?

Also, let us know the exact version of LR you are using.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is her computer Logged In using the Adobe ID that was used to Purchase the Subscription?

That is what has to happen.

But NO Computer loses the WiFi connection without something being Wrong with that computer.

Whatever it is/was could of also corrupted the Adobe Licensing file stored on the hard drive.

But I must add that what you are doing goes against the terms of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe policy clearly states that you can use one Lightroom license simultaneously on two computers.  I don't see how I'm going against the Terms of Use.  It's been working fine for years as I've been paying my montly fees every month.

My wife and are using our Lightroom CC account (not the iCloud-based one) on identical iMacs for years.

Somehow, when my wife tries to log on to our account, it offers her no logging choice, just a choice between 1. quitting Lightroom, 2. buying Lightroom or 3. trying it for 7 days.  

And I agree that there's something wrong with a computer that won't recognize the wifi connection for a week, but the bottom line is that everything seems to be back to normal, except for Adobe products (Lightroom and Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>The Adobe policy clearly states that you can use one Lightroom license simultaneously on two computers.

Not quite. See the FAQ. I assume you've both been logging in with the same Adobe ID.

Can I use the software I download from Creative Cloud on more than one machine?
Yes. You can download and install Creative Cloud desktop applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system. However, activation is limited to two machines per individual associated with the membership, and you may not use the software on these devices simultaneously.

Although it might have been working until now, you should really have two subscriptions: one for her Adobe ID and one for your Adobe ID.

Back to your orginal query, are you both trying to log in with the same Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have CLEARLY MISREAD the Terms of Use!!!!!

See the post above. You have Removed the words May Not or just NOT from the part about using the software simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Obviously, there's crow on my menu tonight.  My understanding has always been that as long as you didn't have more than two computers logged on on the same account, you were ok.  The fact that my wife and I were able to logon and use our computer simultaneously confirmed to me that that's the way it worked.  I figured that if it wasn't allowed, Adobe would figure out that one computer was already logged in and wouldn't allow another one to log in.  Guess I was wrong.  I stand corrected and offer my deepest apologies to Adobe, especially its legal department...

To answer John Waller's question, yes, we were trying to log in with the same Adobe ID.  I guess from now on, if she want's to use Lightroom, she will have to borrow my computer.  Hopefully, that's not against the rules.  If it is, I'm sure I'll get a few replies from people in the knows.  

Thanks everybody for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines