• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROBLEM: red blocks sometimes appear in LR images precisely where spot removal tool has been used.

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For the past year or so I've been noticing occasional red blocks appearing where I have used the spot removal tool in LR. They tend to appear when I re open an image and it seems random - it doesn't happen on all images with spot removal tool used, and it doesn't always appear on an image that was previously affected. 

I use Smart Previews but i'm pretty sure I had this issue before I switched them on.

Many of the affected images have never been edited in PS or any other app so it isn't a layers issue

Scarily - it seems to be spreading to images that have been OK for years. 

I've read the legacy posts which seem to mention a similar 'red block' issue but none of the symptoms sound like they are related to the spot removal tool, which my issue definitely is.  

As an underwater photographer the spot removal tool is pretty useful for backscatter, but it's getting quite unusable nowadays. An example of the issue is attached. 

I can post the LR sys info if that would be helpful too.  

A million thanks to anyone who can help sort this out as i'd rather not have to re edit my entire catalogue...

cheers

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow your post is certainly worth reading. How unfortunate for you, especially as you say it is going back through older files.

Can you duplicate this on a file that has no value and perhaps re-post if you have the time?

From other reports this appears a prime case for a bug report.

Post to feedback.photoshop.com for:
  • Feature requests or wish to add your voice/vote to existing feature requests.
  • Demonstrable bug (repeatable with step-by-step instructions and screenshots).
  • Crash or error troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines