• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem sending DXO Photolab files back to LR & them auto imported - DXO says it's is Adobe Fault

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote DXO the following:  I send images to DXO from. Lightroom and do noise reduction and then save to send back to LR. They get back into the LR folder but I must to an import of the image in the Library module in order to see the noise reduced dng file. This is annoying. For example, when I use something in Nik, it goes back to LR and I see it as one of my library images - what am I doing wrong and how to do I fix this so it automatically is part of my visible library images after I send back from PhotoLab 4. Thank you.

DXO says the problem is at Lightroom - here is there response:  Thank you for writing. This is a very rare issue that we have encountered with only a small number of customers using DxO PhotoLab with Adobe Lightroom. When PhotoLab exports a file to another program, in this case Lightroom, PhotoLab only makes a call to the operating system to activate Lightroom to accept the file transferred to it. Lightroom is in total control of the import process from all third-party programs, including PhotoLab.

We have tried to identify why this is happening. However, because we do not have access to the Lightroom code, we have not been able to determine the root cause of the issue. The other customers who have experienced this problem have contacted Adobe, but to our knowledge, Adobe has not replied back to them. The issue needs to be resolved by Adobe in some way. Either by updating their code in Lightroom, or providing Lightroom configuration information to their customers. Since this is not happening to all customers, we believe that this is related to a configuration setting.

We will continue our investigation. But, Adobe appears to be the company that needs to provide some light on how to prevent this from happening. If we had additional information, we would be happy to share it.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A SOLUTION?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azjsb,

First off, I do NOT have a suggestion on how to fix this. I do not own DXO and do not work for Adobe and therefor cannot begin to fix this.

I do have one suggestion on an alternative to "Importing" your images, Sync them. 

DXO is not the only place where LR fails in accepting the files and what I've learned to do in the interim is to be sure the files are placed in the same folder as the original and then, in Library mode, right-click on the folder and select "Synchronize folder..."

Again, I'm sorry I do NOT have a solution but I find this approach more efficient than constantly Importing. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gary_scbut Sync is just another way to do an import

@azjsbLightroom or Lightroom Classic? Are you using the Edit In... command to send the photos to DxO? Does Lightroom Classi create an "edit" file next to the original in the grid view? In DxO are you doing a Save or a Save As...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DXO is not listed as an "edit in" - so that could be why it doesn't import - its a plug-in extra and thus is sent over with export. That's just the way it automatically attached itself to LR.  I had no option when I installed DXO to make it an export or a plug-in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I have never used Sync before but see it and tried and that is a good work around - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I have never used Sync before but see it and tried and that is a good work around - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method Gary suggests also lets you bypass the Import window

synchronize-folder-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem on my old Mac Pro. I believe I found the solution. In Lightroom, go to File>Plugin Manager. Disable all older DXO plugins, especially the older DXO Photolab importers. It still takes a while for the auto importer to work after DXO message that the file(s) were finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just discovered that turning off the DXO Photolab importer in Lightroom's plugin manager solves the problem of the import dialog window showing up. This with the latest version of Photolab and Lightroom on an M1 Mac running Ventura. You can still send the image from Photolab directly to Lightroom and it pops right up under recently imported in Lightroom. Hit the back button in Lightroom and you're back to the previous module in Lightroom, i.e. Library, Develop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago I downloaded the free 30-day trial of DxO PureRAW3. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate it in my usual Lightroom Classic workflow, with which I use Topaz plug-ins, so I sent a request for help to DxO and also to the DxO forum. Having not recieved any answers for several days, this evening I spent a couple of hours trying again to figure out how to make it open, and then how to incorporate it into my Lightroom Classic photo editing program. I figured out that I needed to enable extensions for DxO, which I did, but DxO was still not appearing as an "Edit in" choice in Lightroom Classic (as opposed to Topaz Plugins, which all appear in Lightroom Classic's Photo -> Edit in. I then figured out that to remove noise to my individual photos using DxO, I needed to select the Export to DxO command. I did that, but it sent the edited photos to a separate folder beneath all of the RAW masters, in the same parent folder. One, but not both, of the two photos that I edited in DxO also appeared beside my folder of photos in the Library view of Lightroom Classic. DxO does a good job removing noise, but between their completely unresponsive online Customer Service, and the convoluted process that is required to edit and then get side-by-side access to my Lightroom Classic Library view, Dxø is a pain-in-the-neck to use. I am not going to try to figure it out anymore. Topaz DeNoise AI does a good-enough job of removing low-light noise for my needs, and it plays a lot better with Lightroom Classic than DxO does, appearing as a Plugin in Photo -> Edit in, and then the edited photos get dropped right beside the photo that was edited only in Lightroom Classic. When I had questions when I first started using Topaz plugins with Lightroom Classic, Topaz Customer Service was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I read above posts, the issue appears to be with DxO rather than Adobe, and I'm not even sure that DxO have an issue.  I'm also not sure what value can be placed on above comments as it seems pretty much every aspect of the guidance provided by DxO was missed or ignored. 

The first two screenshots were captured in DxO Pure Raw 3, the third when I launched LrC, the fourth is just me confirming in LrC that the DxO plugin is installed and enabled, and the fifth shows where DxO is accessed from in LrC. The third screenshot couldn't be clearer about how to use DxO with LrC. The last screenshot is again from DxO and clearly indicates where the file will be exported to. Sure, it may not be where users want the files, but it's very clear where they will be placed. It's a DxO design choice that customers will need discuss with them.

Note that other than downloading and installing the trial a few weeks back, I have no investment in DxO products. Above is simply my attempt to ensure that anyone reading this thread in the future gets a more balanced overview of how DxO Pure Raw works with LrC. Other DxO products may or may not work the same, I don't know. 

dxo-lightroom.png

dxo-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Succede anche a me purtroppo.

Importando una foto con Lightroom classic e richiamando il plug-in DXO l'elaborazione si ferma ad un secondo dalla fine e si blocca non riproponendo la foto elaborata in LR. Devo forzare la chiusura di DXO ed andare ad importare la foto che comunque è stata elaborata dalla cartella di output. Come posso risolverla? Grazie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines