• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem syncing large files after library refresh

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For various reasons I've had to delete and recreate my Lightroom Classic library, I'm a Lightroom CC user but I still use Classic for editing metadata - primarily in the Map module.

In the past I've had no issues with Classic pulling down large files from the Cloud but since this library refresh I seem to have seem 3 files stuck downloading. I can see they're all video files more than 1GB in size.

My main issue is that these files were synced down perfectly before I started from scratch a week ago.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to get stuck files like this downloaded into Classic?

I can also see from my network traffic that Classic appears to be attempting to download the files, it's just not doing anything with them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this article from Rob Sylvan, writing on LightroomKillerTips.com:

Sync Stuck?

Something you said has me wondering, though. When you sync with Lightroom Classic, ALL your originals come down from the cloud, sync to your hard drive, and are replaced with Smart Previews in the cloud. There's no way to discard your Lr Classic library, start a fresh install, and then connect it to the cloud and pull it all down again. Connecting a different catalog to Lr in the cloud effectively wipes it out and starts from scratch. Did I misunderstand your process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines