• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem syncing with current catalog

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following message when trying to sync Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC on iPad (previously Lightroom Mobile)

”This appears to be a duplicate or automatically created backup of your catalog. As it may not be current, sync has been disabled for this catalog.

To make this your sync catalog please relaunch Lightroom and enable sync.”

I have tried the relaunch and enable sync several times but keep getting the same message. Any help out there?

Message was edited by: Roger Severn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nadie ha encontrado una solución? :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try to rename the sync.lrdata file and restart Lr Classic. This would normally restart/refresh the sync (metadata only).

But renaming/removing the Sync.lrdata might fix your issue as well. 

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Hope this helps.

Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I solved my issue.  It seems that many people out there have same issue so they can try same steps. I had several problems on multiple machines in both Windows and Mac operating systems.

as mentions above these are the steps to take

1. Find the Sync Folder and rename it

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

2. Lightroom will start syncing IF IT FREEZES or STOPS UPDATING Lightroom on Cloud (web, mobile, cc, which was happening to me) start looking at which photos its trying to sync. Lightroom Preferences->Lightroom CC tab->Sync Activity. In my case the photos were from drives and places (iPhone) that although were in CATALOG were not "LINKED".  Click on the photos that are stuck or giving you ERRORS. This will take you back to Lightroom and show you the photos that are missing. DELETE them (upto you but this worked for me).

As soon as BOTH 1 & 2 above were done, Lightroom Started working again. No crashes. Importing. Everything back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the sync problem has been solved...in LR Classic it has already been

syncronized, BUT i see that it won't match or be connected between the LR

and LR Classic...look at the number of the galleries in both programs and

i've made a test of puting in B&W the first photo in LR Classic and the

second in LR...and they didn't updated in the other :S

In fact, i'm missing a gallery that it's on LR but not in LR Classic...it's

called Andrea.

Ing. Jorge Nava - “Caipira / Sarge ”Emprendedor, Artista Físico y Digital

Fundador CFM / GEARsMX / Reevon

+52 55 2919 6904

<http://mx.linkedin.com/in/jorgenavaro/es>

<https://www.facebook.com/JorgeNava007/>

<https://www.instagram.com/jorgenava007/>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUhf-rSDfGCyJb2MrLWMkjQ>

<https://www.behance.net/SolidCapo>

<http://estudio.reevon.com/> <http://www.gearsmx.com/>

<http://www.comitefotomx.com/>

IMPORTANTE: Los contenidos de este correo y cualquiera de los archivos

adjuntos son confidenciales, se entienden dirigidos y para uso exclusivo

del destinatario y no se considera oferta, propuesta o acuerdo, sino hasta

que sea confirmado en documento por escrito que contenga la firma autógrafa

del apoderado legal, por lo que no podrá distribuirse y/o difundirse por

ningún medio sin la previa autorización del emisor original. Si usted no es

el destinatario, se le prohíbe su utilización total o parcial para

cualquier fin.

Si tu recibiste este correo por error, por favor notifica al remitente

inmediatamente y no compartas o hagas copias del contenido. Gracias.

2017-12-08 10:53 GMT-06:00 josephlasker@icloud.com <forums_noreply@adobe.com

>:

Problem syncing with current catalog created by josephlasker@icloud.com

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/josephlasker%40icloud.com> in *Lightroom

Classic CC* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10028491#10028491>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the sync files and it seems to be working fine now.  Lightroom created a new sync file after I deleted it.

Thanks for your help.  ~joel

Joel Westervelt Architect

Best Regards,<br />.<br /><p><strong>Joel Westervelt AIA</strong></p><a target="_blank" href="https://www.joelwesterveltarchitect.com" rel="nofollow"><em>Vernacular Architect</em></a><br /><a target="_blank" href="https://www.instagram.com/joelwesterveltarchitect" rel="nofollow">Instagram</a> | <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/JoelWesterveltArchitect" rel="nofollow">Facebook</a><br />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand what you are renaming  and what to rename it to? Please advise! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been very very helpful, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this took me ages to find the folders actually but once done, and deleted, it worked first time, this happened because I had to restart from a backup as lightroom could not find my original catolog and it just would not start from that catlog, when I opened the backup sync seemed to think it was a duplicate, anyway all done and working thanks to everyone for the guidance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A built-in way of doing that is: Edit | Preferences | Lightroom Sync (tab) | Press and hold ALT | Rebuild Sync Data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that was very helpful. I wonder why this solution is not presented by Lightroom when the restart procedure won't reenable the sync. However, that fixed it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias por esta aportación, llevaba un rato buscando solución y ya estaba un poco desesperado

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, syncing proble solved!  Renaming sync folder. That was too easy. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you rename it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t matter. Rename it old. Or even erase it. Lightroom will create a new folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am unable to find the sync.lrdata file, any other Ideas as to where the file might be?

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata   does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its there. Call Adobe and have them log into your pc and they will find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A built-in way of doing that is: Edit | Preferences | Lightroom Sync (tab) | Press and hold ALT | Rebuild Sync Data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you tick show hidden folders. It wont show up unless you do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolute BS. Why should I have to deal with these admin jobs. I just wanna edit photos!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What stops you editing photos? Read the dialog box, think about what it says, make a decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny. If that had worked, why would I be here on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go on editing your photos, you just can't sync. As you don't say much about your specific problem, one can only assume that it is identical to the OP  - you are following its instructions but still get the dialog again and again. In Preferences > Lightroom Sync, hold down Alt/Option and press the button Rebuild Sync Data. This button is new since this thread began.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies John Beardsworth that you landed the brunt of my frustration; I followed the suggestion to delete the files created by lightroom and that solved the problem. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines