• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem w/ Virtual Copy -- no longer working in 10.1.1

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, after I right click an images and select CREATE VIRTUAL COPY I am unable to see any copy.   LR seems to do something when I click, but no 2nd version is visable. 

I've done this hundreds of times before, but haven't used lightroom in a few months.  So wondering -- is ths a bug in the current version??    (LR Classic on Win10, all software up to date.)

Would appreciate any help or suggestions for troubleshooting!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug! It is working for me. (And to create VCs I prefer the keyboard shortcut- [Ctrl+']  )

By chance do you have a Filter set that will only show 'Master' files?  [Ctrl+L] will toggle filters on/off.

ScreenShot380.jpg

Or are you viewing a Smart Collection that may not include VCs?

Also try a Preference File reset.- Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your help.  Tried Ctrl-L and made sure library filters were off.   No change.

But when I try Ctrl+], it rotates the selected image a quarter turn clockwise!  Are we in the same version? 

Haven't changed any preferences, but will look at that reset next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The KB shortcut for a Virtual Copy is Ctrl + the apostrophe keyCtrl+'

(Sorry my square brackets misled you!)

Old typists (like me) would identify  the double apostrophe { " } as meaning "Ditto" - ie. 'Copy the line above'. So in LrC- Ctrl + the apostrophe key is 'Copy the image'.

And yourVCs are still not appearing? Can you describe in detail your workflow and settings.

Even a screen-clip of your LrC window might help.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines