• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Compare View after 9.4 update- 'remove image' removes the opposite one to that selected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first time poster here but long time users.  Major issue with my work flow today.  I normally use the x/y compare view in lightroom to do close compares of my images and to remove the ones I don't want.  Up until now this has worked well by just right clicking on the image in the compare view I want to remove and selecting the remove option.  However, on using this today I became aware that it was removing the opposite image.  I have been through a long support call, including resetting all my preferences only to find that the support analyst had the same issue on his machine.  He refused to escalate the issue and told me to post it here and ask for it on the wish list.  However, as this is something that was working and is now broken and I imagine is part of others work flow I think this should be looked at urgently. Fortunately I spotted this in time to restore the incorrectly removed images from backup, but others might not be so lucky. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

In Lr 5.7.1 it works the way you describe it to work properly.

I suggest you post over at the Photoshop Family Feedback forum, LrC section.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Thanks, I have rolled back to 9.3 and it works as expected so definitely a problem with 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my system the Candidate always get removed no matter what image was selected or what image, Side, you right clicked on.

I'm going to test this on Lr 5.7.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr 5.7.1 it works the way you describe it to work properly.

I suggest you post over at the Photoshop Family Feedback forum, LrC section.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have rolled back to 9.3 and it works as expected so definitely a problem with 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines